Prime focus dish f/d

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am located in Sweden and last year I bought a second hand prime focus dish which had been previously been used for C band. I bought a universal feedhorn kit from satellite superstores in England to enable me to use a C120 LNB and pick up Astra 2D. I am picking up the horizontal channels no problem but wonder if there is more I can squeeze out of the dish. The dish has the following dimensions; the diameter is 221.1cm and the depth is only 26cm. This means that the LNB should be 117.51cm from the centre of the dish to pick up the signal. This is where I have the feedhorn. However, using the dimensions of the dish I should be using a feedhorn with an F/d of 0.53. The feedhorn I have , and most other prime focus feedhorns only seem to cover a F/d range of between 0.33 and 0.42. I am sure I can get more from the dish, but without the right feedhorn what can i do ?

PS I can guarantee that the measurements I have given are correct !

andycorleone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
EYE TV
My Location
UK
Hi, I'm not sure but for What I hear all the new Universal Low Noice LNB have a ratio of up to 0.60:
By the Way: my dish diameter is 98
the distance from the center to the LNB is 70cm
the Depth of the dish is: 7.51
Which is my F/d radio?

izefisherman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku: 2.4m Aerial PFA / Invacom SNF-031,
C: 1.2m Aerial PFA / MTI 15k,

DM7020-S, DM500S, C-Tech 2100, VBOXII
My Location
Finland
The offset dish feedhorns from SMW are designed for an f/D of 0.45-0.65. Your f/D needs lie in the middle of this range, perhaps worth a try?

http://www.smw.se/feedhorn.htm

Ize

andycorleone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
EYE TV
My Location
UK
HI, Where you can find those freehorn in the UK?