Prime focus dish with a H-H motor?

Martie

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to mount a small (120cm) prime focus dish to a H-H motor originally designed for offset dishes? If I manage to adjust correct elevation angle to the prime focus dish, is the arch that the motor provides adequate?
The size of the dish should not be a problem since the H-H motors generally support dishes with diameter up to 120cm.

Thanks,

Martie

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes it is, but the bracket you have to make, should mimic the elevation offset of the particular antenna design that was in the design of the original mount, which then negates the 20 - 28 degree adjustment in the mount.

Why not sell the offset mount and by a polarmount with the proceeds ?

Martie

Reaction score
The reason why I would like to keep my curernt H-H diseqc motor is that I can control it directly from my PC's DVB card via the coax cable with a little diseqc1.2 utility embedded into the viewing software, it all takes place over a single cable, the dish moves autaomatically as I click on the channels, which I find really handy. Talking about polarmounts, I heard they are a bit more cumbersome to control. Is it possible to control them with diseqc1.2 signals or do they depend only on standalone positioners w/ 38V?

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
There several Mounts that can be used diseqc1.2 signals that will accept a prime focus dish. which make of dish do you have ?

Please be aware that many however do not cope well with 1.2 dishes.

Please confirm your dish make so that we can help futher

regards

Old Satellite