Problem Receiving British Broadcasts In Paris, France Konig SDFTA11

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From what you have shown, it means that the correct DiSEqC ports should have been as follows

Astra 2 28.2 port 3
Hotbird 13 E port 1
Astra 1 19 E port 2

The ports which are used by the switch at the dishes are set, it wasn't the instructions which were wrong, it was your selection of DiSEqC ports. Worth remembering in case you get another receiver, or need to factory reset this one for some reason or another.

internationalviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SD TV, 80cm Optex dish on roof, with 3 non-motorized LNBs aimed at Hotbird, Astra 1, Astra 2. One Optex ORD 9540 FTA receiver, one Konig SDFTA11 receiver. Also have one Bush BFSAT02SD Freesat receiver.
My Location
Paris, France
As you have pointed out in various postings on this site,getting the DiSEqc settings right is fundamental. The fact that this subject is totally omitted from the König instructions is one of the main reasons why I describe those instructions as inadequate. The instructions should explain what DiSEqc settings are, why they are important and why and how to change them. They should not in my opinion continue to use "pre-written" satellite designations, as this leads the consumer to believe that they are correct. These "pre-written" designations are quite likely to be wrong, depending on port settings, and with the changes in the sky which you have also mentioned in your postings. A better way to express the instructions at this all-important stage in the set-up would be to start from each port number and ask the user to give the satellite a name.

Many thanks for your help!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think you'll find that no satellite receiver manuals give much if any information/explanation on DiSEqC settings, they simply have the option to add or change them and indeed probably 90% of users don't need to set them, as they are only pointing at one satellite.

Having said that, hopefully if any other Konig SDFTA11 user has a similar problem, they will find this thread via an internet search.:)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Glad you got it sorted out .....................