Problem uploading image to /var/tmp

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I want to use the root.cramfs method to update the image. This worked before but this time I've run into a strange problem trying to upload the new image to /var/tmp. The Dreambox 7000S only seems to accept the first 400kBytes or so before generating errors. I can upload the same file to the directory /tmp without any problem. I tried using telnet to copy the file from /tmp to /var/tmp but the Dreambox refuses and indicates that there is not enough space. Any ideas before I tear the last hair off my scalp? The current installed image is Hydra Zeus if that makes a difference.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
easysat said:
I want to use the root.cramfs method to update the image. This worked before but this time I've run into a strange problem trying to upload the new image to /var/tmp. The Dreambox 7000S only seems to accept the first 400kBytes or so before generating errors. I can upload the same file to the directory /tmp without any problem. I tried using telnet to copy the file from /tmp to /var/tmp but the Dreambox refuses and indicates that there is not enough space. Any ideas before I tear the last hair off my scalp? The current installed image is Hydra Zeus if that makes a difference.
Manual_update.gif

It SHOULD go in the /tmp folder, and be called root.cramfs. :D

Then select "manual update' from the Dreambox update menu.

Pop round later, and I'll superglue your hair back on for you.:p

root.cramfs method rulez.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
BGonaSTICK said:
It SHOULD go in the /tmp folder, and be called root.cramfs. :D

Then select "manual update' from the Dreambox update menu.
[/QUOTE]

Well I tried that Sunday afternoon and nothing came up in the on screen box showing the choice of images to install. Is Zeus different to previous images in where the root.cramfs file need to be placed? I might try Rolf's idea of Flashwizard Pro assuming it works with a WLAN connection.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
FWP works fine over wireless, but regardless is sometimes flakey.

You could always flash it back to the stock 1.08 and then go again from /tmp.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry removed my post, as half of it was gollocks, the FWPro works well on wired or wireless.