Problem with DiseqC motor setup

lhart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D
Hi All,

Some advice please. I am attempting to setup a 2100 motor and Technomate 1000D receiver.

I have an existing fixed dish pointing to 28.2E, and can receive fine with this receiver.

I mounted the motor on the wall, and aligned it dead on true south, with the motor set at zero, as per the manual (checked with compass and GPS). It is also perfectly vertical in all planes.

Dish elevation set at 22.6 as per the manual.

The receiver is set to use USALS, and the latitude and longitude are correct.

When I move to 1 West the motor moves to an indicated position of around 10 E, this also happens when I go to 28.2, it moves to an indicated 40 or so.

Needless to say I do not have any reception.

I am in the West of Ireland (Near Ennis), and co-ordinates are Lat 52.9 and Longitude 9.2 W.

Because of my longitude, should I initially be setting my dish west of south, or is there some other factor I am missing?

Thanks,

Les Hart

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If your motor is moving to approximately 10E when you select Thor 1W, all you then need to do is adjust the dish elevation and the azimuth on the motor to pole mount until you get 1W..

Alternatively, drive the motor until it shows 1.2 degrees East on the scale and try the above method, but to find 8W http://www.lyngsat.com/8west.html.

lhart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D
Many thanks for the prompt reply. In other words I offset the dish position, relative to due south, on the pole to compensate for my longitude? Is that correct?

regards,

Les Hart

rolfw said:
If your motor is moving to approximately 10E when you select Thor 1W, all you then need to do is adjust the dish elevation and the azimuth on the motor to pole mount until you get 1W..

Alternatively, drive the motor until it shows 1.2 degrees East on the scale and try the above method, but to find 8W http://www.lyngsat.com/8west.html.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Les, precisely so. :)