problem with Dragon and ST550

seg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan St550
My Location
UK
Hi all,
I've been messing with decoders since the days of D2Mac, but I just bought new equimnet and I have some problems:
I got my new Dragon cam 4.01 (the one with the sim card holder) yesterday and I programmed the loader with predator 321.
Loaded the cam onto my Mangattan ST550, everything seems to go smoothly, but it does NOT clear any channels. It does not even show inxtc, for which I got a firecrypt sim card in the sim-card holder. Can anyone help?
Here are the detailed steps of my setup, in case I have screwed up anything:

-Put loader card into Dynamite programmer (connected via US:cool:
-using CAS6.5, hit "dragon card" button, select "predator321.dra" file (239KB, modified 09/09), write to card
-tune ST550 into FTA channel, turn off from remote (not unplug)
-put loader card into Dragon Cam
-put Dragon cam into CI slot of ST550
-turn on ST550
-go to CI menu, load dragon cam
-after about 6 minutes, it reports "load sucessful"
-take loader card out of Dragon Cam, turn ST550 off, turn on again
-Checked CI menu - it reports "predator 321", as expected

BUT - nothing clears - in fact, even those channels which used to clear because of te ST550 patch (e.g. Multi*** 1, 2..) are scrambled again. They clear if I take the dragon CAm out and restart the receiver.

As I said, not even the channels for which I have received a 9-month subscription sim card do not clear.

Help?

seg

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi seg,
your problem could be related to the fact that your receiver is patched, if possible try restoring your receiver to its factory default settings, using the official software.
Also have a read through Manhatton forums to see if there is any known problems with your receiver and the Dragon Cam.
Best wishes
Mickha

seg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan St550
My Location
UK
Mickha said:
Hi seg,
your problem could be related to the fact that your receiver is patched, if possible try restoring your receiver to its factory default settings, using the official software.
Mickha
Thanks for the reply, Mickha.
I reloaded the official software but it still does not work.
In fact even the FTA channels do not show - I need to take the Dragon out and put it back in to clear the FTA channels!
It all points to a problem with the CAM or the programming. It's just that there are no errors reported!
2 questions:
--Is there any other way of programming the loader (which is a PIC16F84) other than using dynamite? I also have an old elvis here.
--Can you point me to a known "good" version of the predator321.dra file to try?

Thanks,
seg

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi seg,
I doubt if the Predator file is the problem, but you can try these sites:
_http://www.ucassupport.nl/dragonsupport/english/Software.htm

_http://www.dragonmodul.com/

Equally you can try older versiuns of Predator and update the keys manually using the debug function in your Dragon Cam, you can find the updated keys here:

_http://www.turkeyforum.com/satforum/showthread.php?t=2915

I would also check your receivers forums to see if there is a known problem between the Dragon Cam 4.1 and your receiver. When this version of the cam came out there were problems with some receivers, partly due to the build of the cam, with the extra SIM slot it was to bulky to fit in some CI slots and had to be forced in or the slots slightly enlarged. Seeing as you managed to load the Predator file I doubt if this is your problem. I personally own an earlier version of the Cam, and haven't experienced any problems with my Echo 3600 receiver.
I hope you manage to get it working, as it is a good Cam and can open nearly everything available.
Best wishes
Mickha

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
I am using Predator 3.21 in a Dragon cam. I programmed the Loader Card using a CAS Interface II with the add-on. It is opening up loads of Spanish Movie Channels (in English) on Hispasat as well many others on Hotbird and Astra (19.2E).

Have a look at this Dutch site for updated information on Predator 3.21

http://www.ucassupport.nl/casinterface/english/forum.htm