Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
sweden
Hi folks

Hope everything is ok with you!!

Not for me :-doh2

I've bought a dreambox 500s, and yes it is a clone, but it is working very well.

The problem is that I have treid to install the different channels on my reciever.

I have a dish with 90 cm in diameter and a diseq motor joined together.

The elevation for the dish and for the motor is set correctly as 21, 9 and latitude 59 degree. I live in Sweden and have checked this value and it seems to be right.

I've flashed the receiver with Nabilosat 0,8 var max and it worked fine.

The problem now is tha we can only get two satellites hotbird 13 and astra 19,2.

We don't know how to fix tre rest of the satellites, specially turksat at 41 east.

We have try to update channel list satellites. xml by downloading it from the internet and used the dreambox edit to first recieve the files and then to replace it with the downloaded satellite.xml. But the channels were never updated.

What should I do ???

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

The XML file is probably not a channel list but a satellite list (satellites.xml). Use DreamboxEdit to upload a channel list - google "Dreambox channel list".

You say you can only get 13E and 19.2E - how are you finding and storing the satellite positions? For example, when you move the dish to 42E and store the motor position, are you saying that when you scan it no channels are found or that you can only only get a lock on 13E and 19.2E?

The DM500s doesn't work with the gotoxx feature - the best way is to manually find and then store each satellite position (details are in the Guide).

murre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
sweden
I've tried dreambox edit. I have downloaded from a site that can generate the satellite.xml file, but cannot import it to dreambox edit. I made a copy of the file and then put it in the directory where the files from the dreambox was recieved and the send it back to the dreambox. But nothing happened.

Well I thought it was something like that. I think we have stored to positions for thoose to. We didn't get any manual for the dreambox. Do you have a any good and new link for how to install dreambox with a diseq motor. I'll appricate if you could that.

And two more things...

In the dreambox setting, in the motor setupmenu, there is function "go to zero"... What is that supposed to be used for?

I have read on the Internet that the reference satellite is used for making the first installation... how should I do that??