Problem with Pace HD box

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I have a customer who has brought over a Pace HD box ,with card. I initialy went round to replace his LNB and noticed that he couldnt record(message=system fault, call this number) also that he had the old style menu.
I then did the forced software update and ten minutes later when it came on it had the new menu layout.
Everytime I try to navigate through the menu or tv guide, the box would suddenly switch off and take about 30 seconds to a minute to come back on by pressing the on button on the remote control. This happens every time on the menu, sometimes you can progress a page further but then it crashes. Then I decided to leave it on a working channel but again after a couple of minutes the box will switch off.I tried a system reset but same fault.
Any ideas ?

Bale

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD box (Amstrad DRX890),
Sky box (Pace 2600CI),
3.2m primefocus ,C120,
Technomate TM6900,
My Location
Larnaca, Cyprus
You could try to re-install the new EPG, another force update could solve the problem, was the problem present with the old EPG too?

Thanks

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
The customer says it was okay before I upgraded it.:-doh2.
I didn't try again as it was getting late and I had to go but I suppose I can get him to do it. I feel bad as now he can't watch it for more than a minute before it goes off again.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I went round today and tried forced update twice and it still goes to standby after about a minute.
Also,as the customer only has one cable coming in, I tried to set it to single feed but it will not accept. The message says it will take a few minutes but nothing happens,it just stays in that menu and the box gets stuck for a while. I also cannot get it to do a system reset or rebuild. I click on these functions but nothing happens.
I know the Thomsons all have power supply problems and that the Paces were recalled by Sky.
This box is new,sent by his son from UK and supplied from Sky. Why were the Pace HD receivers recalled?