Problem with Panasonic TU DSB30 receiver

My Location
North Germany
Hi,

I have a problem with my Panasonic TU DSB30 receiver.
It started a few weeks ago as the receiver switched itself off...by unplugging it and waiting a minute it would start as if everything was in order.
It is not now possible to turn the receiver on either with the remote or by pressing the switch.
I sent it to Panasonic in Hannover(Germany) for them to repair but they sent it back with a short note saying that i MUST sent it direct to Sky in the UK which is impossible as i watch Sky from Kiel in North Germany.

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Send it to www.MCES.co.uk they will repair it for you, alternatively, it may be just as cheap to buy a replacement.

My Location
North Germany
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the info.. had a look at the M.C.E.S. Digital Services web page and i`ll Email to see what they think.

I`ve been looking at Ebay for similar units and they are auctioned between 50 to 80 + 25 pounds postage.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
All of the Panasonic 30s are getting on a bit now, buying another one that hasn’t been repaired might simply postpone the problem for a while. It might be worthwhile looking for a newer model that is good for weak signal areas, the pace 2600 has good reputation for that.

My Location
North Germany
Thanks for the tip PoloMint.. I`ll see what info i can find about the Pace 2600.

I also have a Grundig Digibox and the difference to the Pana is like night and day, with the Grundig it`s impossible to watch almost any programme...the picture breaks up sound problems etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your Grundig may be suffering with a dodgy power supply, replacement part £16 or so from MCES. :)