problem with progdvb version 4.75 and SS2DiseqC 1.9

andy321

Reaction score
I have been trying to run SS2DiseqC 1.9 with the latest version of Progdvb but I have the following problem. I can move the motor by opening the SS2DiseqC application and selecting the required satellite. I can not however move the dish just by double clicking on another stored channel on a different satellite which I could do with the earlier version of progdvb. I have read a post that said removing the mibi subtrees from the registry should fix this problem. I did this but it still wouldnt move the motor automaticaly and the mibi sutrees just kept re appearing in the registry. Does anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong? If I can't fix it I think I will go back to the earlier version of progdvb as it is quite a drag to have to keep scroling down the sat list in SS2DiseqC window to move the dish. Thanks Andy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I had a very similar effect after upgrading to the latest ProgDVB.

In actual fact, I found that it just takes AN AGE to realise that it needs to poke the motor plugin to move the dish (sometimes maybe 15 seconds or more!)

Have you tried just going to put the kettle on and see what happens?

I got fed up, and now often just start the plugin from the desktop.

STICK

andy321

Reaction score
Thanks Stick. I've given it about 20 mins but no action :-( . Maybe I will try a complete reinstall of my ss2 card progdvb and the S2DiseqC 1.9 plugin at the weekend Its still works fine if I do it by opening the plugin. Im sure it's something to do with later version of progdvb because it works at is should with the older version.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm running ProgDVB v4.73 [0.84] with SS2DiSEqC v1.8, so you might try dropping back to a slightly earlier version of the plugin.

It works a treat in MyTheatre v2.76, so it's a problem with ProgDVB as far as I can tell.

STICK

andy321

Reaction score
Ive just reinstalled the ss2 card and progdvb 4.75. Still had the same problem. Then I tried SS2DiSEqC v 1.8 but still no good. I couldnt find version 4.73 only 4.75 so I am back to the old trusty 4.62.6 (0.54) for now as it works. Maybe it will get sorted in future version.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Thanks for the update Andy ;)