Problem with Showtime in Iraq

arontaylor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dual card reciever, connected to 2 sattalites, am in iraq and can unscramble showtime arabia
My Location
iraq
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon all.

This is my first post. Am hoping to find some help. I am in iraq and had a guy set me up a sattelite system. It is a Star dual card reciever, that has some sort of sofware update in it. This was connected to nilesat to recieve showtime arabia. A second sattelite was then connected to unscramble the channels. It worked really well. I have moved to a different location and am trying to set the system up again. The problem i have is that i dont know what sattalite the second sat needs to be connected to to unscramble showtime. Could anyone help me?? am trying to get set up for the new premiership season

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved your post from a totally unrelated thread.

Unfortunately probably only the guy who set it up initially will be able to tell you what to do, can you not ask him?

These systems normally connect to the internet for update.

arontaylor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dual card reciever, connected to 2 sattalites, am in iraq and can unscramble showtime arabia
My Location
iraq
Thanks for that. Am new to this... Nah cant get hold of him. The system is a mystery to everyone... Worked really really well though. It unscrambled everything.. Once i find out how it all work, i will post it, so people can try the same... Sooooo frustrating at the mo....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I can't see that you will be able to guess at the satellite, are there no clues in the receiver setup menu, it should have the second satellite listed in the DiseqC table.

arontaylor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
iraq
I thought there must be something like that in the setup. Thats great, thanks for the advice...am still kicking myself, for not checking... only 2 days till the premiership starts again...mad rush!!!!