Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax IR ACE SII
Insat 2E/3B/4A at 83.0°E
My Location
Kuwait
Hi friends,

I have two issues to discuss.

1. I have a dish pointing to Insat 2E/3B/4A at 83.0°E. There is a splitter (1 by 4) is used. one port is connectd to my friends home. one I connected to my receiver. (and one more I connected to a diseqc switch which is also connected with cables from nilesat and hotbird)

Now the problem is When I connect the cable directly from the splitter I am getting only channels from Insat 2E. (am not getting channels from Insat 4A).

But If I use the cable from the Diseqc switch I can get channel from Insat 4A too. But there is also a problem. When my freind power on his receiver I am getting channels from Insat 2E and not getting channels from Insat 4A and when he switch off the power I am getting from 4A and nothing fro 2E.

How to solve these issues.

Please help

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Can you give more details about the splitter and the LNB
Photos can help.:)

shajanvm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax IR ACE SII
Insat 2E/3B/4A at 83.0°E
My Location
Kuwait
LNB is C Band, by spltter I meant a switch which has one input and 4 output. (for photos, have to get it, now am in office)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Passive splitters can cause all sort of problems due to voltage switching clashes.

You probably need a twin or quad output lnb which will allow you to run the system independently in both houses.

shajanvm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax IR ACE SII
Insat 2E/3B/4A at 83.0°E
My Location
Kuwait
Thanks for your replies.

now have another question. (just now one of my friend asked me).

He installed a dish for the same direction (Insat 2e/4A), but he is getting channels from 4A only. (he is not using any splitter or diseqc)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
What size dish is he using? According to the Lyngsat maps site 2E needs quite a bigger dish than 4A as 2E is transmitting at lower power.

The other possibliity is that some of the frequencies are missing from his receiver:

http://www.lyngsat.com/in83.html

gives the full list. You can look at the channels on the individual satellites by clicking on the set of links just above the top of the frequency table

Insat 2E/3B/4A | Insat 2E | Insat 3B | Insat 4A

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
shajanvm said:
Thanks for your replies.

now have another question. (just now one of my friend asked me).

He installed a dish for the same direction (Insat 2e/4A), but he is getting channels from 4A only. (he is not using any splitter or diseqc)

Is he using also C band LNB or KU band?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
With regards to the original problem - what happens if you remove the splitter from the cable run and connect the lnb direct to one of the receivers. If everything then works correctly you know the splitter is definitely causing the problem.

shajanvm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax IR ACE SII
Insat 2E/3B/4A at 83.0°E
My Location
Kuwait
Here is the update for all the issues:

for both the problem - C band lnb is using,

and for the problem of 2nd case (only channels from 4A is receiving), he was getting all the channels including from Insat 2E until the storm hit 2 weeks before in kuwait, and his dish was fallen down. but he was marked the original position on the roof. so he fixed it back to the same position, but not getting channels from Insat 2E. He tried (even today afternoon I myself tried) for scanning manually but failed to get.

Now for my original problem, if I replace the splitter will it work for both receiver? do you have +ve thinking on that