problems nilesat 201

kpsmmr

Member
My Satellite Setup
80cm triax dish and sky hd receiver
My Location
SE France
Hi guys,

i am having serious problems with nilesat 201 in south east france, i have a 1.8m prime focus dish with a c120 lnb and feedhorn, i am receiving a strong signal from nilesat 101 and 102 with no problem, but the transponders from 201, 12092 V 27500 and 12111 H 27500 am getting nothing, is there a problem with that bird or is it something i am doing wrong, any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.
 
201 has a far far steeper signal drop off than the older birds.
 
^^ Yes.

So are you getting some Nilesat 201 transponders?
 
Err - you ARE using DVB-S2 equipment arent you?? Normal hobby SD stuff wont see any signal at all on those frequencies. :D
 
Am receiving no 201 transponders, the receiver is an admc receiver and card, do you think i should upgrade the Lnb , will this make a difference or is it that a 1.8 is too small

thanks again
 
Well the lnb is a much cheaper upgrade so its certainly worth doing that first.

However I recall someone who had an ADMC box commenting the tuner had very poor sensitivity so you may need to put a bigger dish in.
 
When daytime weather conditions are ok, I can receive all vertical transponders and a handful of stronger horizontal transponders from the older Nilesat here in Northern France on a 1.2M dish. Most of the weaker transponders come in after dark. However, I've never had a glimmer of a response from 201. As AS says it seems to have a steep drop off.

Have you thought of trying to re-align to Badr 26°E? I can occasionally get some ADMC sports transponders here. Considering your more southerly location and larger dish I would have thought you would stand a better chance of success with Badr rather than Nilesat.
 
have tried to allign to badr 26e and still no transponders from admc, what is the best lnb for the job bearing in mind i have a prime focus dish, also its the petal style one, also when aligning the dish, i am pointing at nilesat 101 and 102 and then i assume 201 should be there, is that correct and also the same for badr, aligning on badr 4 and 6 should be there too, or am i aligning wrong too?
 
Yes, pretty much, aligned to Nilesat 101, you should get the other Nilesats. The same applies to badr. Though does depend on dish size of course, generally align for the strongest tps, then tweak for the weaker. For badr, I believe you should get some badr6 at least as I've had the very occasional sniff here on a 1m.
 
The AD Sports channel I picked up was on 11823V, S/R 27,500 in DVB S2. It wasn't as strong as any of the other transponders and I couldn't get a lock on the other AD Sports channels either. I do manage a few of the Badr6 transponders as well. I would have thought you had a better chance of receiving them in SE France.
 
kpsmmr said:
i have a prime focus dish, its the petal style one
Those dishes are normally about equal to a decent offset 1m or 1.2m dish.
 
so you think the dish is the problem, what do you recommend, the size has to be a 1.8M any bigger and it wont fit where i have it,
 
Buy a decent solid 1.8m dish :D Probably getting on for €1000 :D
 
Before you spend that kind of dosh, you need to check around to see if 1.8m is big enough, as if not, you'd have wasted your money.
 
kpsmmr said:
what do you recommend, the size has to be a 1.8M
I'm open to offers if you are looking for a house in a good signal area with a bunch of dishes already set up.
 
Probably I have forgotten a previous post, but can you pick up 201 from there with one from your bunch?
 
Robbo said:
Probably I have forgotten a previous post, but can you pick up 201 from there with one from your bunch?
I can get it with any my dishes. 201 is stronger than 102. Screenshot is using the T90.
 

Attachments

  • screenshot.webp
    screenshot.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 57
so you would think that a 1.8 should get it, if you have it on a 90, i am not that much further north, maybe an lnb upgrade could be the ticket, is that true then that a leaf style dishes lose signal compared to the solid ones
 
Not significantly necessarily, but in a lot of cases, yes, because the petals need to be pefectly aligned. There is a member on here who managed to get good perfomance out of one of the fortec star petallised dishes, but many other people get shockingly poor performance. I was once asked to align a 2.4m petalized dish that someone had already assembled. I could barely get 28e on it, it was that bad.
 
kpsmmr said:
i am not that much further north
I'm 700km down from the French border.
 
Back
Top