Problems with 16e

rturner99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
UK
Hi all,
I have a motorised penta85 and Technomate 600. All is working fine and I can pick up all sats with good signal quality apart from 16e. I can't seem to pick up Digitalb or Pink Tv and a few others. When I scan 16e I pick up a total of 59 channels, my signal quality is about 85% but when I manually try to add the frequency for Digitalb it drops to 20% and fails to lock on.

Any idea's as I get everything else fine from 1w to 28e, I have also updated my channel list so they have all the latest frequencies.

Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A more accurate location might help - 16E is an odd position as it has a fairly wide range of EIRP across the Transponders available in the UK depending upon precise location.

I get only a few TPs on an 80cm, but loads more on a 1.1m, so there is a big area between where dish size is critical.

Also, IIRC, DigitAlb always gave strange results and bizarrely a tweak of LNB skew often helped matters. Of course, that tends to degrade performance elsewhere.

rturner99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
UK
Thanks, I'm in East Anglia. I'm pretty sure I had it when I first set up my dish so something may have moved but all other sats ok.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All 16E channels fine on a wonky 1m dish here in the Borderlands.

Try deleting the Pink channels and rescanning 11178V 27500 3/4 - there may have been a pid change.

There were some frequency changes for DigitAlb a while back so make sure your frequencies are up to date and rescan.

_http://www.flysat.com/eutelsatw2.php

A nonymous

Reaction score
16e is a funny old bird on a Penta :eek:

Some frequencies come booming in but others just aren't there at all.

DigitAlb & Pink aren't an issue for me, I only really have an issue on some of the Total TV transponders :mad:

Shouldn't be a major issue for too long though once Eutelsat W3B goes up next year sometime :D

Hopefully it won't have the same fate as Eutelsat W2M :toke:

PeteB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maplin supplied
Fortec Star 80 cm motorised dish.
Fortec Star Innovation receiver / 8Gb USB stick.
My Location
Central Scotland
Just done a quick check.
I have 59 channels tuned in.

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
I had the same problem last night setting up a DM600 with 85cm solid and 0.1dB Icecrypt LNB. I updated the satellites.xml file to give a full scan on 16E. I get 75% signal on Viasat History but the BER is in the order of 10K causing signal breakup.
On my DM800 with 85cm Mesh and Invacom 0.3dB LNB the signal rate is 66% with BER 0-50 and perfect picture.
I'm confident the dish is aligned as the SNR figures are good from 28E right through to 30W. I suspect the LNB, whilst they claim 0.1dB and performs well on other satellites, I'm not convinced and believe these signals are just on its threshold.
I think I will try the skew method and also try another LNB out of interest.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nanochickin said:
DigitAlb & Pink aren't an issue for me, I only really have an issue on some of the Total TV transponders :mad:

Some of the Total channels have moved to Eurobird 16:

_http://www.flysat.com/ebird16.php

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Installed about 25 or so FR penta 85's and all W2 transponders have been bang on. These dishes perform extremely well on 16e if set up with a professional meter. At a guess it'll possible be an alignment/set up problem.

rturner99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
UK
Mine was fitted by a local installer and a meter, everything seems spot on for all other sat's and I have tried fine move east and west to get it but no luck. Could the inclination and declination but an issue?

I'm pretty sure I had it when it was first set up about 5 months ago and not long after I flashed the receiver never to be seen again. It has probably been flashed 3 times since.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
rturner99 said:
Mine was fitted by a local installer and a meter, everything seems spot on for all other sat's and I have tried fine move east and west to get it but no luck. Could the inclination and declination but an issue?

In short, yes it could well be.