Huevos
Satellite Freak
- My Satellite Setup
- 57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
- My Location
- 38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Drum-roll.Have just received a sms and e-mail from SEUR to advise the package arrives tomorrow.
Drum-roll.Have just received a sms and e-mail from SEUR to advise the package arrives tomorrow.
OK, so your not excited, but this is my first ever new motor unit, bet you can´t remember your first timeDrum-roll.
![]()
Been looking on the internet for a TD110 or Laminas 1200, neither easily available in Spain. WOS don´t go up to the TD110, so will have to look elsewhere. Got anything in the garden I can run tests with?What dish are you going to use in the end? Something like a TD110 would be nice. Too many crap dishes about.
DiSEqC with USALS, remember, I´m the apprentice, only a Master knows how to do that!Well you need a switch so the box automatically switches between feed 4 of the 1.8m and the motorised.
Thanks HYou need to have the correct co-ordinates entered in your meter. Then get the meter to send the dish to 0.8W. Then adjust.
ok Master ( sorry H totally pissed tonight )You need to have the correct co-ordinates entered in your meter. Then get the meter to send the dish to 0.8W. Then adjust.

Had another play today following advice. Took 3 attempts to find the correct position for the motor, then locked the dish on 0.8w and tracked to 28.2e. Full lock, even getting some of the ITV, BBC etc from spot beams on the LH110 with modified mount. Can now scan from 68.5E to 45W and back with no problem. Dark motor definitely better than previous sat motor. Only problem so far is it is a little hit and miss when trying to find 45W, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Will check that later when have time
View attachment 82069 View attachment 82070
Thanks for info H, but I'm sure it's only about .5 degrees out on motor elevation, motor position must be near perfect for 0.0 degrees as I can see the whole arc without tweeking. For now I think I'll leave it alone until I get a new dish. Or, big hint, a digital level happens to be passing nearby!Brian, don't fudge the settings. Set the longitude at 0.7W. Lat 38.2N? Send the dish to 0.8W and adjust for maximum signal on the spectrum. Send to 30ºW. Gave the dish a pull/push to see if you are high or low on that satellite. Do the same on 28ºE. From that you will see where you are out of sync with the arc.
Really need to set the motor elevation with the digital level. I know it is possible without doing this but will save a lot of time.