Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Info from the sky.com website http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews...upport-issues/?DCMP=AFC-78888&affiliate=true#

Sky Help & Support Latest News

Problems watching recorded programmes on white Sky+ boxes | 28 April 2015

If you have a white Sky+ box in your home, we know you're having problems watching your recorded programmes and you may see a pixelated or frozen picture and the sound may be interrupted. You may also notice this problem if you pause and then play live TV.

The problem has been caused by a technical error which only affects Amstrad DRX280 and DRX180 boxes (models: 4F21 and 4F20).

You can use your Sky remote to find the make and model of your Sky box.

1. Press Services.
  2. Press the down arrow button, and highlight System Setup (number 4 in the list) and press select.
  3. Now press the down arrow button until System Details (number 5 in the list) is highlighted and press select.

Alternatively the make and model of your Sky box will be printed on a sticker on the underside of the box or on the on the back of the box.

We're investigating the problem now but please don't try to re-build your Planner as we know this won't fix the problem.

We'll provide an update on our progress before the end of this week. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Last updated: 16:20

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Wonder what could suddenly cause an issue like that considering the boxes haven't been updated for ages. I assume this is for all recordings and not just channels from the Sky transponders that recently changed to FEC 5/6.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does that affect all recordings or only new ones? I don't see how an FEC rate would affect that. It's a transmission parameter rather than a video format change. Although.... Lowering FEC makes more bandwidth available for video bit rate. Or less if they cram more channels on.

Either way, will be interesting to see what the cause is.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Yeah I also can't see why a FEC rate would cause problems, but that's about the only recent change I know of. I doubt we'll ever know the cause.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Sounds more like S*y up to their old tricks again if you ask me! What better way to make you upgrade to a HD box! :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I remember a case a few years ago where I think it was Watch made some changes to their transmission path, which gave a horrible judder effect to programmes - but it only affected Pace Sky+ boxes.. It took several weeks of discussions with a representative of the channel over on the DS forum before the problem was resolved.

I was involved in those discussions so its certainly possible for a transmission chain change to affect just one or two types of receiver. No-one at the channel had noticed anything awry but they didnt have access to the Pace PVR to begin with.