problems with the freesat box??

carychris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion+
My Location
west country uk
Hi

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place, not sure where to place it.

My husband purchased a Passion+ Fortec Star late 2009. On Saturday we turned of the tv and went out for the dat, unpon returning we turned on the tv and we had nothing, we could not get the xbox 360 on the tv nor could we get the pc to work through the tv. The freesat sat box blue light was on and the channels were showing on the box, but nothing happening through the tv.

Sunday morning husband turned on the tv, and to our surprise everything was working as normal and continued like that for the rest of the day.

He got up this morning for work, turned on the tv and its gone again, and he doesnt know why.

Can anyone please advice us on what maybe the problem, or is it that the freesat box has died altogether? Also does anyone know how long the warranty lasts for these boxes?, we purchased it from Maplins, but I cant see it on the web anymore, we purchased it complete with the dish as a package.

Thanks in advance

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Fortec Star aren't true Freesat boxes - they are generic Free To Air boxes with some added software that can make use of the proprietary Freesat Electronic Programme Guide.

Anyway, that's semantics - as to your problem, the fact that the fault wasn't confined to the Fortec Star, but extended to the XBox and PC, suggests the problem lies with the TV (As that, on the face of it, is the common link): But my first inclination would be to remove and reseat all the connectors between the TV and the various peripherals. And any connections that might be daisy-chained between the various bits and pieces. Without knowing how everything is connected up, our advice can only be of the broad-brush type!

carychris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion+
My Location
west country uk
Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I was mistaken, the xbox is fine on all hdmi links, the tv appears to be fine, as it works with the xbox and the pre-installed freeview.

If we remove the hdmi lead from the back of the xbox and install it in the fortec star, the fortec star still does not work in either, so its not the hdmi cables,or hdmi ports on tv as both cables and ports work with xbox. If I remove hdmi leads and replace it with a scart connection the fortec star still does not work with tv.