prodelin satellite dish alignment woes

richardsth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IP, 1.8 Prodelin, 18" echostar actuator, Inverto lnb, 4" groundstand
My Location
Halstead, UK
Huevos said:
What is the diameter of the pole? I would say 100mm minimum for that dish. And forget sinking the pole in concrete, you want it adjustable.

The polar mount sits on top of a 4inch pole and can swivel around it. The one recommended by prodelin this dish sits in a groundstand with four large support legs, but you need a garden the size of a baseball court for it, hence the reason why they also suggest putting the post in concrete. My groundstand has a much smaller footprint as it was supporting a much lighter dish, which explains which it's now slightly off-centre. If it ain't one thing it's another !!

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
richardsth said:
My groundstand has a much smaller footprint as it was supporting a much lighter dish
Some pretty big dishes go on a small footprint. The Famaval 3.1m, for example, goes on a groundstand with a square base and 23cm hole centres. What you are describing sounds pretty worrying though, and it hasn't even got any wind on it yet.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
Huevos said:
Some pretty big dishes go on a small footprint. The Famaval 3.1m, for example, goes on a groundstand with a square base and 23cm hole centres. What you are describing sounds pretty worrying though, and it hasn't even got any wind on it yet.

tell me about it ..i saw some real murders sceens with 3.10 famaval dishes with bases made by john wayne

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
richardsth said:
Mind you, I did have to wait about six weeks for the dish and mount to turn up from the States. Point to remember though, don't get the prodelin actuator to go with it as it costs as much as the dish !

What I said, nobody stocks them in Europe as far as I recall. The weight and cost of shipping even in bulk containers makes them rather expensive.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Channel Hopper said:
What I said, nobody stocks them in Europe as far as I recall. The weight and cost of shipping even in bulk containers makes them rather expensive.

You are so right. Way back in 1997 I used to work for a Satellite company and we used these types of Antennas. We use to get them from the states and they costed $1400 each. They were brought in 40 foot containers. As far as I know, then and now, nobody stocks them in Europe.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Well as I said that was way back in 1997. I was still under the impression that was the status quo now as well. Thanks for letting me know.

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Echostar had loads of these dishes with polarmounts back in the 90's in the warehouse in Netherlands.