Progdvb & vPlug help Required

paulmking

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yorkshire
I'm running Windows Xp, Progdvb 4.92.3 std, vPlug 2.4.2, skystar 2 pci, with Technisat 4.2.11 drivers and ssDiseqc installed.

I can switch between 13e, 19.2e, 28.2, etc

I can view most free unscrambled channels, but I can view anything else.

I'm using Elecard full to render video

I have download an update vkeys package and overwritten the originals in C:\Program Files\ProgDVB\Plugins, so that I now get a green icon instead of a red padlock.

Could anyone please help with a point in the right direction.

Cheers

Paul

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There's almost nothing you can open on those satellites. None at all on 28.2 of course. Best bet is 1W (Digifilms) if your v_keys are up to date.

Llew

ITS A SCAM !

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oscam Debian dedicated server
Sempron 3000+ 1.5gb ram
Omnikey 3121 USB reader
Smargo Smartreader+
Technomate TM-600 pvr
Technomate TM-2300 Super
85cm Dish 0.1 lnb
Dreambox DM500s Clone
Spiderbox HD7000
My Location
United Kingdom
paulmking said:
I'm running Windows Xp, Progdvb 4.92.3 std, vPlug 2.4.2, skystar 2 pci, with Technisat 4.2.11 drivers and ssDiseqc installed.

I can switch between 13e, 19.2e, 28.2, etc

I can view most free unscrambled channels, but I can view anything else.

I'm using Elecard full to render video

I have download an update vkeys package and overwritten the originals in C:\Program Files\ProgDVB\Plugins, so that I now get a green icon instead of a red padlock.

Could anyone please help with a point in the right direction.

Cheers

Paul

I think V-plug needs a update, my channels on 1west have also decided not show themselves.....I had no picture last night, and i still have no picture on Digi 1w. Lets hope new V_keys are released soon

paulmking

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yorkshire
If I could quickly explain

In 2001 I bought my first Dreambox, after a few years I sold it - it was taking up too much time and I then got hold of a SkyStar 2 pci card instead, back then I had a modist pc with xp pro and Progdvb ran like a dream.

After a couple of years rest (no dvb-s) I decided to have another go.

Now my pc is a multboot 64bit with 6gb ram, xp pro 32bit / vista bis 64bit / vista ult 64bit / windows 7 32bit beta.

The problem now is Progdvb is now unstable for my setup, I can't get it to work on vista 64bit at all.

On xp Progdvb works better with old driver from Technisat and copy/paste skynet.sys in system32/drivers, with ssDiseqc in plugins, vplug installed and the latest vkeys package.

I can still only view unscrambled channels although keys are upto date!!!

Then the whole thing crashes, and I have to start all over again.

I'm now trying DVB Dream, but I can't get Stab HH motor to turn.

Any thats where I am now.

Any ideas on which operating system to run with and which software Progdvb or DVBDream will best suit my setup, and most stable.

Is there ssDiseqc update for Technisat 4.5.0 ?

Thanks m8s :-worship

Paul :cool:

georgegto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Intel P quad 3.0ghz
4gb ram 1TB sata HD,
Asus striker to Xtreme 2,
nova HD-S2,vista 64bit,DVBdream,vplug
My Location
Sweden
Do u guys adjust the dish on 1west with a motor or manually?
I have been trying manually for a while and i can not get digitv on progbvb...

paulmking

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yorkshire
Has anyone out there got a SkyStar-2 DVB-s setup that works on Vista 64bit ?

Cheers

Paul

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
ive been looking at putting my skystar 2 into my pc pci slot again but it doesnt look like theres much out there to watch after looking around the forum posts last hour or so except 1 west which i can pick up no problems on my motorised system looks still to have possibilities. Not got 64 bit to try it out for you paulmking but i will be looking into windows 7 when i build a new pc or buy it probably cause i dont think ive got the patience this time around to do it, those cpus cost a small fortune and fitting them can be quite an intense moment lol. (£400 cpu oops did i just bent the pin on that hehe) pci slots gradually are phasing out i recon so in the meantime i need a motherboard with good pci spacing that can also fit an sli graphics card setup.

to georgegtos question "Do u guys adjust the dish on 1west with a motor or manually?"
i use a Pace 128 programmable positioner, just type in the number on the remote control and it moves the motor to the required satellite on the arc. it works for me. Havent got the sat card set up due to motherboard space limitations so out of touch on whats what regarding channels out there but looks like im not missing much at the moment viewing wise except maybe some nice feeds.

cgo372

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5510
Strong 6420 TNTsat
2 diablo cam light
skystar 2 PCI
My Location
Netherlands
paulmking said:
Has anyone out there got a SkyStar-2 DVB-s setup that works on Vista 64bit ?

Cheers

Paul

Yes Skystar 2 DVB PCI (4.5.0) does work with Vista 64bits as well as it works with windows 7 RC 64bits. The trick is how you install the driver...I tested DVB Dream, DVb viewer and DVB prog and they are doing OK, the more stable is DVB Viewer. About Vplug, since the end of T*S, I haven't installed it again as I don't see the point anymore.
The trick on the driver installation with Windows 7 is to remove the driver enforcement, install first the driver from the version 4.40 in the device manager, it will be installed with error code 10, and then update the driver with the version 4.5.0 directly from the device manager. Once done, install the full package 4.5.0
hope it helped, cgo372

sopetran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat Ultra Lite
TechnoTrend S2 3600
My Location
Colombia SA
How to make these two software work togeter as it did with the ProgDVB 5.xx versions?

I mount ProgDVB 5.15.3 with vPlug, but the Technotrend 3600 crash frecuently, so i intend to use a newer version.

cgo372

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5510
Strong 6420 TNTsat
2 diablo cam light
skystar 2 PCI
My Location
Netherlands
I'm using a skystar 2 not a technotrend 3600 PCI card, therefore I'm sorry not to be able to help you further