digiguy

My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi.

I need to print my chat archive from yahoo messenger. Using the print function on messenger only prints half a page (of a full screen of several pages) If I go to the setting on my lexmark printer, it crashes.

I have looked around for a decent programme to decode and print dat files, but what I have seen is utter rubbish and I dont want to pay for something thats useless.

Hope somone can help, it would take ages to copy and paste to word etc.

Help please :-doh!

D

drag0nfly_69uk

My Location
essex boy
i thought in yahoo messenger, it gives you the options of saving all your messeages?? after that you can view the archive and print out to your heart content

D

digiguy

My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi.

Yep, it does, but when you have 3 years worth of chats and useless yahoo wont let you multiple select to print, it will be a pain. (Chats needed for legal reasons)

Anyways, I decided to take the risk and pay for a programme (cencerned that it would again be useless) But it does the job, it decodes to HTML or TXT files, masses better than useing yahoo!

B

benidormgary

My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
screenprint32 will allow you to capture and print anything on screen.

D

digiguy

My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Thanks for that.

Do you use Yahoo Messenger? If not -- when you go into the archive, you get a split screen (separate 3 active areas) contacts down one side, Dates of chats and chat display on bottom. You have to select one chat date at a time, and can't multi select to get a continuous date order of printouts (if u see what I mean) All I want one the chats, not the other areas from the screen. Printing from Yahoo just gave a portion of what was on the screen -- including the scroll bar. When I selected the print option on a temporary Lexmark printer X1180, it crashed Yahoo and print options!

Anyway, I found a programme that sort of does the job. It convertes to HTML and TXT files. So had to spend hours sorting out the dates and copy and paste to a new file to look the couple of years worth of conversation (search edit and print). "Only" cost £10 I had to save my sanity lol