Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi.

I need to print my chat archive from yahoo messenger. Using the print function on messenger only prints half a page (of a full screen of several pages) If I go to the setting on my lexmark printer, it crashes.

I have looked around for a decent programme to decode and print dat files, but what I have seen is utter rubbish and I dont want to pay for something thats useless.

Hope somone can help, it would take ages to copy and paste to word etc.

Help please :-doh!

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
i thought in yahoo messenger, it gives you the options of saving all your messeages?? after that you can view the archive and print out to your heart content

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi.

Yep, it does, but when you have 3 years worth of chats and useless yahoo wont let you multiple select to print, it will be a pain. (Chats needed for legal reasons)

Anyways, I decided to take the risk and pay for a programme (cencerned that it would again be useless) But it does the job, it decodes to HTML or TXT files, masses better than useing yahoo!

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
screenprint32 will allow you to capture and print anything on screen.

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Thanks for that.

Do you use Yahoo Messenger? If not -- when you go into the archive, you get a split screen (separate 3 active areas) contacts down one side, Dates of chats and chat display on bottom. You have to select one chat date at a time, and can't multi select to get a continuous date order of printouts (if u see what I mean) All I want one the chats, not the other areas from the screen. Printing from Yahoo just gave a portion of what was on the screen -- including the scroll bar. When I selected the print option on a temporary Lexmark printer X1180, it crashed Yahoo and print options!

Anyway, I found a programme that sort of does the job. It convertes to HTML and TXT files. So had to spend hours sorting out the dates and copy and paste to a new file to look the couple of years worth of conversation (search edit and print). "Only" cost £10 I had to save my sanity lol