2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
HI Peeps. I'm just venturing into the world of JP1. If that means nothing to yer, its all about programming your remote control to work your TV, DVD , Dreambox etc. etc.. As the standard DM remote is a JP1 remote I'd thought I'd have a go.

First impressions I must admit, its pretty heavy going. Basically I want to control both my DM7025's from the same remote. I know its at least possible but its not so straight forward. So, the point of this post is, would anyone like to join the debate on this subject and can anyone offer any experience. So far I've managed to make the volume always control my TV even when I'm selected to Dream, that was easy. The next bit isn't !

I need to know which files on the dreambox I need to edit. I've found some files called keymap.xml that contain some code that looks like a strong candidate. So guys, any help, thoughts , ideas would be greatly appreciated. This so far seems like reasonably new ground, although most dreamers have more than one box. Lets give it a go...

Regards
MCC

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
First question, How do you get the DM remote into AUX mode ?

Cheers
MCC.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I found this attachment on another forum, but I can't remember where, so I uploaded it here for you. It seems quite good.
Al files can be found here _http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files

Attachments

• DreamboxRC_HowTo_english.pdf
    409 KB · Views: 2,594

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Thats very useful , thanks a lot. This is gonna give me a great head start..

I think the JP1 guys started out as a Yahoo Group but have since moved on to their own forum. You can find the most up to date stuff at _http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/index.php

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
A bit more info.

There are 4 versions of Dreambox remote. You need to know which version of remote you have so you know which interface lead you need. If you look under the battery cover it should have a part number on the label. If you have more than one remote becareful you don't mix up the battery covers.

V1
Has 4 device slots and a JP1 interface

V2
Has 3 device slots and a JP1 interface

V3 URC-39730 B02
Has 4 device slots and a JP1 interface

V4 URC-39930BJ0 (URC-39930RJ0-03)
Has 3 device slots and a JP1.2 interface

I currently have one V3 and two V3 remotes, I bought a serial JP1.2 interface off fleabay and made my own parallel JP1 interface.

The JP1 forum can be found here _http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/index.php
The forum has lots of information to help you. It also has all the software you will need for programming you remote. The members help each other out with the technical stuff and with finding codes for different equipment you might want to control.

You can do nice things like set your volume punch through (VPT). This allows your remote to always operate the TV's volume like a sky remote does. I use this feature but have set shift-vol+ and shift-vol- while on the Dream setting to operate the Dreambox volume just in case it gets turned down somehow. Not having to keep pressing TV then the vol+ or - buttons then pressing Dream again just to change the TV volume makes using the Dreambox remote control a nicer experiance for me.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Thanks for the info mate. This thread is coming together nicely now.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
This post explains what file you need to change on a Dreamboox 7000 and how to modify your Dreambox remote so you can control the 7000 and another Dreambox with just one remote.

Before I did this I had to cover up the infra red receiver on the Dreambox I did not want to control as I have a 7025+ sat on top of a 7000.

The nice thing about this procedure is that it is software only on both the the Dreambox and the remote control. This means you can undo the procedure to return everything to standard by just replacing the original file on the Dreambox and reprogramming the remote with your original saved settings.

The first part of this mod is to add the new device setting to your remote with the modified codes for the Dreambox.

Using the ir.exe program from the remote forum linked above.

Open the file you downloaded from your remote control. Always save a backup of your original remote settings.
On the devices tab click add and copy this upgrade as shown in the picture below

6C 00 FE FE FE E0 00 40 20 3D 0E 0F 44 1A 10 00
11 00 12 00 13 00 14 00 15 00 16 00 17 00 18 00
19 00 1A 00 1B 00 78 00 1D 00 1E 00 1F 00 6A 00
6B 00 6C 00 5D 00 55 00 6D 00 56 00 57 00 58 00
59 00 5A 00 5B 00 74 00 75 00 76 00 77 00 1C 00
5C 00 79 00 6E 00 72 00 73 00 5E 00 5F 00 70 00
71 00

attachment.php

Then on the general tab you can set the AUX function to your new device as shown below

attachment.php

You can see in the above picture I have my volume punch through (VPT) set to the TV and on for Dream and AUX, this lets my remote control always operate my TV volume no matter which device is selected.

Thats the new device created and added to operate a modified Dreambox 7000.

You now need to be able to select the AUX device on your remote. For this I use shift-dream on your remote.

Go into the macro tab and click add to create a new macro. You need to set it up to look like the picture below

attachment.php

After clicking ok to accept the new macro your macro tab should look like this

attachment.php

Now you can save your modified file and upload it to your remote control.

If you now press shift then Dream and press buttons on the remote neither the Dream or the TV button will light up. This tells us at this stage we have selected the AUX device ok.

The second part of the mod is to set your Dreambox 7000 to accept the new remote control codes.

Download rcdm7000.xml from /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources
Save a copy of this file so you can put the original back if you need to.
Open the file in wordpad (notepad screws up the file format) and replace the keys section at the top of the file with the following lines. You should copy the lines from the attached file, I have put them here so you can see what they are. If you prefer you can just use my file attached instead of editing your own.

<keys>
<key name="0" code="10" picture="key.0" />
<key name="1" code="11" picture="key.1" />
<key name="2" code="12" picture="key.2" />
<key name="3" code="13" picture="key.3" />
<key name="4" code="14" picture="key.4" />
<key name="5" code="15" picture="key.5" />
<key name="6" code="16" picture="key.6" />
<key name="7" code="17" picture="key.7" />
<key name="8" code="18" picture="key.8" />
<key name="9" code="19" picture="key.9" />
<key name="volup" code="1a" />
<key name="voldown" code="1b" />
<key name="tv" code="1c" picture="key.15" />
<key name="bouqup" code="1d" />
<key name="bouqdown" code="1e" />
<key name="power" code="1f" />
<key name="dream" code="55" picture="key.13" />
<key name="up" code="56" />
<key name="down" code="57" />
<key name="left" code="58" />
<key name="right" code="59" />
<key name="ok" code="5a" />
<key name="audio" code="5b" picture="key.10" />
<key name="video" code="5c" picture="key.11" />
<key name="info" code="5d" picture="key.12" />
<key name="shift_red" code="5e" />
<key name="shift_green" code="5f" />
<key name="shift_yellow" code="70" />
<key name="shift_blue" code="71" />
<key name="record" code="73" picture="key.16" />
<key name="red" code="74" picture="key.17" />
<key name="green" code="75" picture="key.18" />
<key name="yellow" code="76" picture="key.19" />
<key name="blue" code="77" picture="key.20" />
<key name="mute" code="78" picture="key.31" />
<key name="text" code="79" picture="key.22" />
<key name="next" code="6a" picture="key.25" />
<key name="prev" code="6b" picture="key.24" />
<key name="LAME" code="6c" picture="key.21" />
<key name="radio" code="6d" picture="key.16" />
<key name="help" code="6e" picture="key.23" />
<key name="discrete_off" code="29"/>
<key name="discrete_on" code="2a"/>
</keys>

I have attached the original and modified files. Just remove everything after the .xml to use the files.

Upload your modified file (or just use mine that I have attached) to the Dreambox in /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources. When you restart your Dreambox 7000 it will no longer respond to your original remote control codes.

Attachments

• rcdm7000.xml.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 167
  • rcdm7000.xml.original.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 169
  • JP1-7000Upgrade.JPG
    JP1-7000Upgrade.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 958
  • JP1-7000UpgradeGeneral.JPG
    JP1-7000UpgradeGeneral.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 939
  • JP1-AUX.JPG
    JP1-AUX.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 913
  • JP1-AUX1.JPG
    JP1-AUX1.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 872

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Volume punch through (VPT)

As I mentioned above I have my remote set to always operate the TV volume no matter which device I have selected. This is shown on the right hand side of the below picture

14816d1202342389-programming-remote-jp1-2-jp1-7000upgradegeneral-jpg

The only problem with this is that you can not adjust the volume on the Dreambox itself anymore. I was worried that if the volume was somehow turned down I would be unable to turn it up again.
To get around that problem I added some keymoves to my remote. They are setup on the Dream and AUX setting. If I press shift & vol+ or shift & vol- or shift & mute the remote will control the volume settings on the dreambox itself and not the TV.

In IR.exe you will see a key move tab. If you click it you can add a key move as shown below.

attachment.php

I carried on and added the extra keymoves for vol+, vol- and mute on both the Dream and AUX devices as shown below.

attachment.php

The last 3 keymoves in the above picture are because the VPT would not work on my AUX device for some unknown reason. Instead I did a key move for vol+, vol- and mute to operate the TV instead of the AUX device. This works perfectly for me.

Attachments

• JP1-KeyMove.JPG
    JP1-KeyMove.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 871
  • JP1-KeyMoveAdd.JPG
    JP1-KeyMoveAdd.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 867

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Superb information in both posts mate, thanks a lot. I've got my JP1.2 lead now and have been playing around a little. I worked out how to do the volume punch through. Hopefully I can now use your information to mod one of my DM7025's to work under the AUX mode. The files are a little different being Gemini2 but hopefully I can achieve the same result. I'll let you know and post find findings...

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
OK , done the remote, however I think there's a small error in the tute you did mate. When creating the macro to enable AUX mode, you've got the Bound Key and Macro Keys the wrong way round. That confused me for a while, but I swapped them and it seems ok now. Anyway, a few questions mate please..

1. Why 1238 ? where does that number come from.
2. Any leads on where the file is on the DM7025, I can't find a file that seems close enough to rcdm7000.xml

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
B16MCC said:
OK , done the remote, however I think there's a small error in the tute you did mate. When creating the macro to enable AUX mode, you've got the Bound Key and Macro Keys the wrong way round.

You are right mate, I did it from memory at work (it was nightshift). I have corrected it now.

So far I am unable to find out how to do this with a 7025. I am still looking into it though.

coco32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
My Location
Belgium
Also have a look at this;
"Mehrere Dreamboxen mit mehreren Fernbedienungen"
This means "More Dreamboxes with more Remotes"
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/thread.php?threadid=5613
Most of it is in German but there is some English there.

And the procedure in english:

WARNING: be careful. Don't mistype anything. If you mistyped something, disconnect the battery for a short moment instead of continuing.

Please note that these instructions are ONLY FOR THE BIG RCU (DM70xx), not for the smaller ones.

First, you need to "unlock" the RC. This must be done in the following way:

1.) press the Dream-key (the upper one)
2.) press shift (next to the power button) until the RCU blinks two times,
3.) now, without mistyping, enter the following numbers: 9 - 8 - 2

now the RC has to blink four times. If it blinks only two times, the RC was already unlocked (and is now locked), so just repeat the procedure.

Now you can choose the "level":

1.), 2.) like above,
3.) Press the following keys: 0 - 0 - 3 - 1 for level 1,
OR 0 - 0 - 3 - 2 for level 2,
OR 0 - 0 - 3 - 3 for level 3,
OR 0 - 0 - 3 - 4 for level 4,

now the RC has to blink two times. if it blinks only one time, the RC was not unlocked.

now you can lock the RC (with the procedure above) again if you like.

Please note: You are doing this on your own. If you mistype anything, you can set options which cannot be reset without a cable to the PC. If you only use 982 and 003x, nothing can happen, but be careful.

To put a Dreambox on level 2 you have to telnet the command;
echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask for DM7000,7020
echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 for the DM7025
A reboot will undo this command.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
You don't need to do the 982 bit if you are using a JP1.2 cable, all you need to do is set your device setting to 032 instead of the standard 031.

As standard I think you will find a Dreambox will respond to all 4 levels so you will need to do
echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 for the DM7025
on the box you want to use the other device setting for and you will have to try
echo 1 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 for the DM7025
on the other box to see if it will respond only to level 1 ( 031 )

I saw somewhere how to add this so it does it everytime the box starts up.

This is another thread on this method _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/thread.php?postid=34425#post34425

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Ok so I just tried telneting into my 7025 and typing echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0, this made it stop responding to the remote. When I did echo 1 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0, it started to respond again.

Have you tried this out yet mate? You will need to set your Dream remote button to 0031 and your AUX device to 0032. You will have to do
echo 2 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0
on one 7025 and
echo 1 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0
on the other. If you find the one you did echo 1 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 on still responds to the Dream and the AUX device on your remote try doing
echo 3 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0
on it instead and set your Dream device setting to 0033. I am not sure if it will respond to all 4 levels (0031,0032,0033,0034) if you set it to 1. maybe doing
echo 0 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0 will make the Dreambox respond to all 4 levels.

If it works ok for you then the next job is to enter the command into the boxes startup routine.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
OK mate here's my findings.

I setup the remote to use AUX on 0032.
Setting your box to echo 0 definately makes it respond to nothing at all ! Thats probably what the plugin DBSwitch does.

So, I set both boxes to echo 0.
Set my Cable box to Echo 1 - That now uses DREAM function.
Set my Sat box to Echo 2 - That now uses AUX function.

BRILLIANT ! Just what I've been looking for. Putting this in the start up process would be nice, but my sat box is a card server and never gets powered off, so it's not so important in this case, but would ofcourse be nice to know.

UPDATE:- Just noticed, volume punch through is not working on AUX mode. It still operates the DM7025 and not the TV. I've checked the settings and can't see why. VPT is working on DREAM though... hmm....

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Superb mate I am glad that worked for you. I read about the method before I modded my 7000 using the first method above. I have an idea on how to make it set automatically, I just need time to play with my box to test it.

Have a look at my post above where I found AUX did not work on VPT. I did keymove's on AUX for vol+, vol- and mute to operate the TV vol setting instead. I then did shift volume keymoves on AUX to work the dreambox setting. Have a look at this I posted before

14819d1202344118-programming-remote-jp1-2-jp1-keymove-jpg

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I didn't pick up on that, thanks for the reminder. I've set that up on my remote and its working fine. I'll write a tute on this using the information from this thread. There must be loads of people with more than one box out there. I've just put 3 DM7020 in our local pub, gonna set the remote for that now.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Have you tried the latest PLi image mate? _http://www.pli-images.org/downloads.php?cat_id=7

There is a plugin where you can select which remote code the box accepts. You can select all, 1, 2, 3 or 4. It would make life easy for you.

Now and next works on the infobar as well, wink wink nudge nudge say no more :)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
aah, top man thanks for that. I'll give it a whirl...

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Tried the PLi image and the plugin works a treat. Now and Next doesn't work for me. Old WeleTest area. The image itself is no where near as good as gemini2 so I reverted back.