Promax MC-944

jamesjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900HD Super, Echostar 3600, H to H Jaeger Mount, Triax TD 110 Dish.
My Location
Lancashire
Hi All, l have the above meter (very old l know) l am using the built in spectrum analyser on it and it is showing the transponders in the L band not the Ku band frequencies, l thought that l needed to add 10750 to the L band downlink reading to get the Ku band freq but it doesn't seem to be working for me, is this correct and if not is there a calculation to get the Ku band freq?

Also should l still be able to view digital satellite or even terrestial channels on the monochrome screen or not, the unit as a Sat range of 950-2050 and a UHF range of 455-856 mhz?

This is a bit of a projected for my stepson and me, he is considering doing electronics at technical college, but as you can tell l am not very good with technical issues and so far all l have done is tune the FM band to some radio stations...so its a case of the blind leading the young up the garden path.

Thanks,
Jamesjay.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi, just having a look through the instruction manual. Instruction manual for Multistandard TV and Satellite level meter - PROMAX Electronica

You'll need to set the LNB supply voltage, 13.8v for vertical and 18v for Horizontal, then 22Khz for high band, local oascillator of 10,750 mhzand no 22Khz for L.O. of 9,750 mhz, by adding which ever L.O. number to the frequency shown on the meter, it will give you the full frequency. You should have fun with this, it's an old meter,. but I think it will give you digital power measurement for satellite.

jamesjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900HD Super, Echostar 3600, H to H Jaeger Mount, Triax TD 110 Dish.
My Location
Lancashire
Thanks Rolfw for your quick reply and all the info M8, l have been scanning 45east thinking that when l locked on a peaked signal, and after fine tuning it using the scan knob and by changing from spectrum to TV l could view the channel, if thats the case my settings must be wrong...l can see the 13/15/18 volt option but not the 22kHz setting so that needs investigation.

I did have a version of the manual but on a cd that wouldn't print so
I will make a hard copy, the internal battery is duff l just ordered one so using it on external power with duff battery still connected, my lad wasn't impressed that l could not get a viewable TV channel so can you confirm if l should be able to see a tuned TV channel or not.

Thanks again,
Jamesjay.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The meter is too old for viewing a digital channels, it will give you digital signal strength only.

The selection of 22khz is via the number 8 key also SEL V, see page 69 of the manual.