Pure Talk-Talk

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I have been in hysterics since I clapped eyes on this one.

On why Talk Talk still haven't connected an estimated 100,000 to its free broadband service and why some (who are connected) have been experiencing service problems - read this article (in Guardian Technology).

'Talk Talk operators explained that the fault had been caused by an upgrade on the line, but then on separate occasions ventured that "the change in weather might have made it worse"; "we think BT might have cut through the line" and "sorry about this - our service is rudimentary at best".'

At least they're honest, right, LOL.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
that the company had come a long way, and that he felt Talk Talk could 'now compare ourselves fairly with other UK broadband suppliers'. He acknowledged that there had been fresh problems caused by moving customers on to the new equipment the company has installed in BT exchanges.

So why cant ANY customers in the Borders have Talk Talk should they be so foolish??

(None of our exchanges have been unbundled for any services....)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Analoguesat said:
(None of our exchanges have been unbundled for any services....)

Could this be the reason? :eek:

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
I for one am very happy with this particular situation LOL .. gives me more reason to not complain when I'm occasionally disconneceted :-rofl2

satscaner

We Are The Supreme Beings
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M prime focus with SA58 H-H
receiver-New Wave 9000 BP MK II
My Location
hampshire
and i thought ntl were bad.
It took over 5 calls from me and over a week for them to connect my broadband after the guy had been round to install it.

I've been with them for 2 years now and I can only think of two occasions where I've lost my broadband for a couple of hours at a time. so it can't be that bad

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
BarMoo said:
I have been in hysterics since I clapped eyes on this one.

On why Talk Talk still haven't connected an estimated 100,000 to its free broadband service and why some (who are connected) have been experiencing service problems - read this article (in Guardian Technology).

At least they're honest, right, LOL.

Speak as u find m8 i,ve no problems with TALK TALK , good package, unlimited telephone and broadband for 20 squid a month

deep joy Dave:)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
4dbennett said:
Speak as u find m8 i,ve no problems with TALK TALK , good package, unlimited telephone and broadband for 20 squid a month

deep joy Dave:)

Lucky you :p

I'm thinking of signing up to a 16MB DSL Service (CONNECTION+FLAT DSL+FLAT PHONE (inland)+FREE WIFI ROUTER) for €50 (34quid) a month. If I do, I'll happily trade other emocicons with you, LOL. Only joking.

Back to the article - because I live in Berlin.;)

Carphone Warehouse's frustrated broadband customers are still reporting delays, terrible service and lost connections.