AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
I've been in communication directly with the R&D team leader ..thanks to DrDish..
I've forwarded as much information as I can re - the audio problem I'm seeing ...plus I've included a couple of stream samples ..
All I can do now is wait and see..
However ...I thought I'd push my luck and ask for another inclusion ..
It is being considered ..but may or may not be practical..
Again ..I await an outcome..
But at least I've had replies..which is a good sign.
Here is what I asked to be considered...
>>>
Probably pushing my luck to ask for another addition to a future firmware release..but would you consider adding a facility to take an on screen snapshot with a single remote control button press ...
..the 'photo' of whatever is displayed at that moment on screen ..instantly stored to usb stick as a jpeg ?
and tagged with the channel/program data ?
As a DXer this would be an invaluable tool ..to be able to send captured channel/photo data to websites ...or Lyngsat etc.
New channel finds ..testcards etc ..
rgds
>>>

One things for sure ...I don't feel totally abandoned any longer..
VS
;)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Actually VS, that would be quite useful. Especially so, as the DrHD range isn't AFIK, networkable (like the VU+ where it can be streamed to the PC/Laptop and a screengrab easily taken).

Hopefully, if you get a good relationship going with the R&D leader we can get somewhere......If anyone can you can......your tenacity is legendary...

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
sonnetpete said:
Actually VS, that would be quite useful. Especially so, as the DrHD range isn't AFIK, networkable (like the VU+ where it can be streamed to the PC/Laptop and a screengrab easily taken).

Hopefully, if you get a good relationship going with the R&D leader we can get somewhere......If anyone can you can......your tenacity is legendary...

Indeed Pete ..it would be useful ..
atm Its either an often poorly taken photo with a camera off TV...or capture a .ts segment ...play it with dvbviewer ...and snapshot that way ..
Lengthy laborious and inconvenient as the PC has to be on ...and I'm not David Bailey..when it comes to using a camera.
Most important is the audio of course ...but having seen the 'snapshot' facility in use on an AZbox ...I liked it instantly..
The AZbox doesn't even come close when it comes to tuner gain ...so is rarely used for this job.
rgds
VS

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
All credit to you VS for trying. And credit also to the DR.HD team for being in touch with you - seems you have woken them up from their slumbers :-yawn

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Llew said:
All credit to you VS for trying. And credit also to the DR.HD team for being in touch with you - seems you have woken them up from their slumbers :-yawn

Lets hope they actively respond Llew ...I guess its just down to $$$£££ as usual ..
Perhaps the F15 didn't sell in the volumes that would justify continued support and enthusiam..
But As far as I'm concerned ...the F15 is the best high gain fta stb to hit the market in a long time..
..and If their next offering is as good or better ...I'll once more splash the cash and own one.
I'm committed ....or certainly ...I _should be_
:D
rgds
VS

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Interesting... at least they are still alive.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Sad to say that F15 R&D have informed me that the 'snapshot' function I asked about is simply not practical on the F15 ...but will be given serious consideration for future products..
I have had a recent reply on the audio issues though.
which looks promising..

>>>>

Dear Evan
Thanks for your Email!
We are working on new SWs that will include both correct switching of Audio Tracks and AAC.
Fact is we have many projects and our R&D resources is limited.
hope we won't keep you wait too long, we will try our best.
Thanks again for your feedback, that's important for us to make things better.
>>>>

rgds
VS

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Vipersan said:
Sad to say that F15 R&D have informed me that the 'snapshot' function I asked about is simply not practical on the F15 ...but will be given serious consideration for future products..
I have had a recent reply on the audio issues though.
which looks promising..

>>>>

Dear Evan
Thanks for your Email!
We are working on new SWs that will include both correct switching of Audio Tracks and AAC.
Fact is we have many projects and our R&D resources is limited.
hope we won't keep you wait too long, we will try our best.
Thanks again for your feedback, that's important for us to make things better.
>>>>

rgds
VS

That's a very civilised reply VS. Compare and contrast with the likes of Fortecstar, who have never replied to several emails I have sent over the years.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Llew said:
That's a very civilised reply VS. Compare and contrast with the likes of Fortecstar, who have never replied to several emails I have sent over the years.

Indeed it is is Llew ..
I suspect being on first name terms with the head of R&D does help ...and that would never have been possible without Christian Mass and him introducing me .
It just goes to show there is no point losing your temper in understandable frustration when problems occur...
Politeness , patience and the ability to communicate the problem is the way to go.
Hopefully the issues I have raised will eventually bear fruit.
Rants and spleen venting are probably best done in private..
;)
rgds
VS

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Well...I never did get a reply direct from the software developers ..but nonetheless ..I think they heard me.
;)
Just flashed my F15 with the version 2.00 software (official) and although its an HD gui ..it does appear to have the audio AAC problem fixed ..
The channel I sent them a clip of is sadly now encrypted so I cannot try direct ...but I also remember there was a problem with
:-3663 R
tp 10 TV União Fortaleza DVB-S 2170-3/4
on 40W Cband..
They have also changed something about the record format ..so the Nicaraguan mux Channel 4 clip I sent them no longer is recognised by the f15 ..so can't test this.
What I can say is that TV Uniao now has audio...though there is a short delay before it actually kicks in ..
This probably applies to all the _problem_ audio channels ..but can no longer test the ones I specifically remember.
Now ..there is a problem insofaras the new version 2.00 is HD as I said ...so I guess I'll just have to get used to it..though I much prefer the SD style.
rgds
VS

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It probably wouldn't be worth my upgrading to 2.00. I like the existing GUI, and the current (patched) firmware has everything I need anyway. Not using it for C-Band, so the audio problem you have on that channel isn't a problem.

Good that they seemed to have fixed it.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
...Spoke to soon Llew ..
I found at least 3 AAC audio channels on 40W last night which still refused to utter even a squeak.
So ..looks like I shall be going back to 1.24 for now ..
rgds
VS

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Anything beyond 1.25 software gives me weird signal readings until a lock is obtained. Keeps hovering at 2.x dB if there's no lock. Difficult to align...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Vipersan said:
...Spoke to soon Llew ..
I found at least 3 AAC audio channels on 40W last night which still refused to utter even a squeak.
So ..looks like I shall be going back to 1.24 for now ..
rgds
VS

Maybe 40W is out range of the testing team? Would be interesting if there was a similar transmission on a ku satellite.

hopper28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 28.2 Blade 7000
My Location
ireland
Hi Vipersan

I have been in touch with Ricky Chen regarding the D15 which I think is a great unit but
it does not have a 7day EPG

I have been using the Blade 700 for a year now which is a great unit and has the 7day EPG working great
Both these units are from the same factory so should not be that hard to sort out

Ricky says he is working on this (not sure myself) but he has sent me instructions and a firmware to put on a F16 unit to be able to grab the streams from ASTRA 28.2

I was reading over your posts and see you seem to get getting things done.
Would you be able to help in getting the streams or maybe speak to the guys you know.

Thanks

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish 45E - 30W, Clarke-Tech ET9000
My Location
Poland
It probably wouldn't be worth my upgrading to 2.00. I like the existing GUI, and the current (patched) firmware has everything I need anyway.
What is the most reliable patched version now? Which version are you using, please?

I have been in touch with Ricky Chen regarding the D15 which I think is a great unit but it does not have a 7day EPG
Has this changed?