Quatro LNB Multiswitch diseqc motor

My Satellite Setup
120cm, DisEqC 1.2, SkyStar 2 PCI, SkyStar HD, MediaPortal, TVEngineV3, ProgDVB
My Location
UK
I currently have a motorized system that I use with a PC.

I want to add more tuner cards to the PC and would also quiet like to use my normal satellite receiver as well.

I need some sort of Quatro LNB + multiswitch set up.

I can move my dish through software on the PC or swap over to a real satellite receiver and move it.

Can anyone tell me what happens to diseqc commands with a Multiswitch?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a good idea to swap receivers around when controlling a DiseqC motor, it normally ends up getting lost.

How many receivers do you want to run from it?

My Satellite Setup
120cm, DisEqC 1.2, SkyStar 2 PCI, SkyStar HD, MediaPortal, TVEngineV3, ProgDVB
My Location
UK
I wanted at least 2 tuner cards in the PC and I have 2 real recievers kicking about that I will probably setup one day. So 4 I supose.

I only want one PC card to be able to control the motor. If I put the motor between PC card 1 and output 1 of the multiswitch would it work OK?

Also on the point of motors and swapping the coax over. In the past when testing the diseqc software I got my dish into some pretty unusable states. But whenever I hooked the TF7700 back up and went into USALS it always recovered ok.

Once a diseqc motor is initially setup won't it just always just goto a certain position when instructed?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will supposedly go to reference point when requested (zero), but in real terms they don't always and sometimes a reset on the motor itself can be necessary.

Just a quad LNB should fit your needs by the sound of it.