Question for rolfw

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Hi Rolwf

Is there any way I can change my e-mail address to my hotmail address as we use lotus notes here and can not follow links as the URL locater is turned off by NetAdmin. There are 70+ users on this network and sometimes mail from outside the network is read by NetAdmin, I don't mind that but would like to be able to follow links.

Can you help ogreat one?

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
I am sure that Rolf will reply soon but in the mean time...

If you select user cp and then Edit Profile you should be able to specify your new email address.

Tirosh.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for fielding that one Tirosh, because the Hotmail addresses are a spammers dream (you can get one in an instant), we have decided to restrict them for any new members. I have replied to Razor by PM.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
I didn't realise these were being restricted.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No you wouldn't, as any existing members with Hotmail addresses can continue to use them and in fairness, they are not likely to be the spammers.

We obviously can't ban all webmail addresses, as it would be impossible to know all of the domains, its only the very easy to obtain ones.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for the tip Rolfw I'm on to it