Question on usb Sat receivers

sicctt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5200 dual core 9800 video 2gb ram 500gb harddrive - no satellite yet just have a dish no reciever or lwb
My Location
Trinidad and Tobago W.I.
Hi there i have a 4 ft dish wwith no lnb and i want to purchase a usb receiver ebay 370181100659
can this work i want to point to Amanonas 61w i know it was done sucessfully with a capative works cw 800 also what type of lnb would i need and is there any special setup need besides the pointing of the dish

Thank you in Advance for you info

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
sicctt said:
Hi there i have a 4 ft dish wwith no lnb and i want to purchase a usb receiver ebay 370181100659
can this work i want to point to Amanonas 61w i know it was done sucessfully with a capative works cw 800 also what type of lnb would i need and is there any special setup need besides the pointing of the dish

Thank you in Advance for you info

a) I know nothing about receiving this particular satellite
b) I'm in the UK
So I can try to give some general informed advice, but someone else here might be much better qualified!

Trinidad & Tobago are within 61 wests American footprint, but not its South American/Brazillian footprint - so which channels were you hoping to pick up?

The channels on 61w appear to be Ku band - so you can use the same equipment that would be used in the UK - any universal LNB sold by one of this sites sponsors would be fine - and the box you pointed out on eBay should be suitable (although personally I wouldn't buy it).

Hope this helps!