Questions on multisat setup

kungfumaster

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm going to get into this scene but have a few questions to ask about the installation and hope you guys can provide me with some answers! :)

Basically, what i'm going to start off with is a sky dish already installed. I want to then remove the sky mini dish and put up a multi-sat setup that enables me to get 19.2, 13.0 and 28.2. So the questions are:

1, How and what is the cheapest way of doing this? Is it buying a quad lnb 'thing' and a 60cm dish?

2, Will a 60cm dish be feasible for reaching 19.2, 13.0 and 28.2 in South West London?

3, Will the bracket that held up the mini dish be strong enough to hold the 60/80cm dish?

4, Will I be able to use the existing cable that connects from the mini dish to the sky box or will i need to replace them?

5, Will I need any extra cables?

I think that's all for now! :-ohmy

Thanks for any help.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Get yourself a Raven Gemini 70cm dish with Eastern satellites offset bracket, three LNBs and a four way DiseqC switch (two way if you are going to retain your Sky digibox) If you are running to one receiver, then you can use the exuisting cable, if you want to retain the Sky box and add another receiver, then you will need to run a second cable..

PS. Here is a picture of the Gemini in action. :)

kungfumaster

Reaction score
Wow, thanks Rolf for that quick reply!

There won't be a sky reciever there anymore but hopefully a dreambox so would i need a 4 way DiseqC switch? Don't really know what a DiseqC switch is but i can read up on that.

Regarding the weight of the dish, will the original bracket holding the minidish be sufficiently strong enough?

Finally, do you do installations?;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need a new bracket, as the dish is quite a bit heavier than a Sky minidish, a standard L shaped bracket should do it though. :)

Channel Hopper is nearer your location, he has posted in our members who install section

kungfumaster

Reaction score
Will this lnb be suitable for a multisat setup?

ebay item: 330035245929

And what about the ones that say they are thomson lnbs that are advertised for sky digital?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That one would be fine, forget the Sky ones, wrong type and fitting.