Advice Needed Quick Question - Alsat Superior Dark Motor & Triax TDA88

lew247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q Windows 10
I have a 1.2M motorised dish but I have trees in the way stopping me being able to put this to use
My Location
England
I'm going to install a Alsat Superior Dark Motor and a Triax TDA88 dish on my Duo2 box
I've installed motorised dishes before but way way way back in the early analogue days.
What I'd like to know is the following.
1) IF I set the motor to 0° on the ground and then get the satellite reciever to tunr it to Thor on 0.8°W
Providing I have the correct location set in the reciever, and I have the pole dead vertical and the angle on the motor set properly
Can I simply with a satellite meter in line can I simply turn the motor round until I get the strongest signal and then tighten the pole up?
I assume I also adjust the angle on the motor for the strongest signal as well ?

I have 2 other questions if you dont mind

2) What do I set the lnb at? do I adjust it for strongest signal on Thor and it will be ok on the other satellites?

3) The Triax TDA88 dish, what elevation do I set this to?
The offset angle of the dish is 26° and My Latitude : 53.44014 N

Sorry for so many questions but I'd rather the dish went up once and done properly than have to adjust it many times to get it right.

I have a decent inclinometer, satellite meter and compass so hopefully it shouldn't be "too hard"!!!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The LNB should be at 0, when the motor, and dish, are at 0, the rest is as you state.
On your receiver, VU+ Duo 2, set Tuner A, if using this tuner to control your motor, to Simple Positioner, enter you Latitude, and Longitude, and send the motor to the satellite you want to align it to, in thsi case Thor 0.8W.
Once done physically move your dish to 0.8W, get the best signal possible, tighten everything up, then send it, using the receiver, to the furthest East/West satellites, usually 42E, 30W, check the signal quality readings and if you need to make minor adjustments send it back to 0.8W, adjust the brackets, get the best signal, again, then 42E, 30W, to see if the quality has improved.
Keep doing this. until you are happy with the results, then scan in the other satellites.