Radio stations to leave Sky

tech88

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2
My Location
UK
It seems that a large number of radio stations are about to stop broadcasting on Sky including Kerrang, Q, Heat etc.

as reported here:-

http://musicradionews.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=977

this is worrying.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No - only 5 are leaving - all from the Bauer company. They have decided to concentrate on DAB & Freeview carriage for the time being.

tech88

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2
My Location
UK
I spoke to a Bauer manager earlier in the week to substantiate this claim and he said they were removing all their stations (which is 5, I call that large) which involves a saving of over £1m. They plan to return to satellite when the economic conditions are more favourable.

What is interesting, he said we are at least looking forward to the Bauer purchasing of the 5 Midland UK FM stations and associated 3 AM stations which appeared at the time a certainty.

It has since been announced that Bauer lost these stations to another bid. Not a good week for them

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
tech88 said:
I spoke to a Bauer manager earlier in the week to substantiate this claim and he said they were removing all their stations (which is 5, I call that large) which involves a saving of over £1m. They plan to return to satellite when the economic conditions are more favourable.

They own 7 on the sky platform - Kiss & Magic are staying.

tech88

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2
My Location
UK
What will be interesting is by losing the Midland stations bid, thought to be around £30-40M whether they reverse this decision based on having the extra cash.

Unfortunately it may be a little late in the day. There were indications that Magic woild have taken the Heart 106 frquency so staying on satellite is more likely.