Raspberries

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Split from the Nostalgia thread.

My daughter is somewhat obsessed with apps on her hand-me-down iPad Mk1, a (rather nice laptop running XP ;)) and as of late my android phone. Plus she is always 'borrowing' the other half's tablet to play something called Crossy Road.

I would prefer she diverted her excess playing game energy and enthusiasm - plus Roblox seems to have a lot of dubious titles - into looking into the compiling stuff. One of the apps on the iPad is a robot character that can be moved across the screen in certain steps by putting together the correct commands.
She has been interested previously and completed a couple of levels before the lure of the android games.

I had been thinking of getting her a Raspberry Pi kit from the local store and these have become more attractive in the new year, with an 'all-in-one' packet with keyboard, leads, Sim card and manual for under £35.

Has anyone used this kit to introduce a primary school child into the aspect of computing at machine level and does it retain their interest ?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Has anyone used this kit to introduce a primary school child into the aspect of computing at machine level and does it retain their interest ?
First thing she will do, is put Kodi on it and watch TV shows you can no longer get through your dish lol