re-flashable cam

My Satellite Setup
Humax
My Location
FR
Hi, I am about to buy a cam. matrix cams are re flashable? Do I need smartcard if I use latest matrix cam? I mean can I add keys in the cam? which cas will be good for matrix cam in good price? thanks, bye

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes the Matrix is flashable, there are three different versions of it and each have many versions of flash. You will need either a programmer and fun cards, a CAS interfcae, or a PCMCIA socket to program them direct on your PC. A better CAM at the moment is probably the Dragon though.

My Satellite Setup
Humax
My Location
FR
thanks, just one Q. Why we need a funcard or loader card to program a cam? if we insert the cam in cas 3 (programmer), is that enough to flash or add keys? then we can use that cam in that receiver. bye
rolfw said:
Yes the Matrix is flashable, there are three different versions of it and each have many versions of flash. You will need either a programmer and fun cards, a CAS interfcae, or a PCMCIA socket to program them direct on your PC. A better CAM at the moment is probably the Dragon though.