• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Re-Setting the PIN

My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
I have lost my PIN numbers for both Sky (Freeview) cards/boxes I have (without contract). I need them to set the parental control.

I understand that to get them re-set you need to phone sky.

Questions:-

• Will SKY reset them even if I don’t have a contract?
  • Are they still bothered that I’m abroad, even if I don’t have a contract with them?
  • Are PINs still linked to the serial number of the Box?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

MikeO

My Satellite Setup
3.2M Dish
Invacom C120 UNI Quad LNB QDF-031, NF 0.3dB
PACE DS430N
My Location
Limassol, CYPRUS
If you didnt ever change the PIN number before and still have the one that came with your box, your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your card number (you can see this from the system details).

Hope that helps

My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
MikeO said:
If you didnt ever change the PIN number before and still have the one that came with your box, your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your card number (you can see this from the system details).

Hope that helps
Thanks, I've tried that....and it didn't work.....but you know I'm wondering whether it may be because I may have swopped cards around...I have two cards with two boxes. Are the pins linked to the box?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the pin will be the last four digits of the card which was first activated in the box, unless of course the code was changed by yourself or the first owner if second hand.

My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
Nope, still no joy.

So one box I have is with my card from my old subscription .(to be precise it chnaged over to a SKY freeview card for £20)......the other is a box and card which were never together before.

Could SKY help or will they just refuse as I don't have a subscription anymore?

Or am I stuffed?

My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
Nhouston2 said:
Have you tried powering adding some channels from services and leaving it for 2 hours and then rebooting
Nope...what should that do....? Re set the PIN?