Re-Setting the PIN

ultrafox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
I have lost my PIN numbers for both Sky (Freeview) cards/boxes I have (without contract). I need them to set the parental control.

I understand that to get them re-set you need to phone sky.

Questions:-

• Will SKY reset them even if I don’t have a contract?
  • Are they still bothered that I’m abroad, even if I don’t have a contract with them?
  • Are PINs still linked to the serial number of the Box?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

MikeO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.2M Dish
Invacom C120 UNI Quad LNB QDF-031, NF 0.3dB
PACE DS430N
My Location
Limassol, CYPRUS
If you didnt ever change the PIN number before and still have the one that came with your box, your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your card number (you can see this from the system details).

Hope that helps

ultrafox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
MikeO said:
If you didnt ever change the PIN number before and still have the one that came with your box, your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your card number (you can see this from the system details).

Hope that helps

Thanks, I've tried that....and it didn't work.....but you know I'm wondering whether it may be because I may have swopped cards around...I have two cards with two boxes. Are the pins linked to the box?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the pin will be the last four digits of the card which was first activated in the box, unless of course the code was changed by yourself or the first owner if second hand.

ultrafox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
Nope, still no joy.

So one box I have is with my card from my old subscription .(to be precise it chnaged over to a SKY freeview card for £20)......the other is a box and card which were never together before.

Could SKY help or will they just refuse as I don't have a subscription anymore?

Or am I stuffed?

Nhouston2

Reaction score
Have you tried powering adding some channels from services and leaving it for 2 hours and then rebooting

ultrafox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Europe
Nhouston2 said:
Have you tried powering adding some channels from services and leaving it for 2 hours and then rebooting

Nope...what should that do....? Re set the PIN?