Real Dumb Question!!

This is a real dumb question i know but just moved in to a new gaff rang sky for installation i have to wait 3weeks!!!anyway to the dumb question.....on the new house there is an old sky dish with everything but the box!!is it possible with the wonders of technology that i cud get the existing sky dish,lnb,ariel thru my pc? without box? i have an old happauge wintv card which makes no difference i know but what does everyone think! once again its dumb i know but ur the experts huh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You'll need some sort of digital satellite receiver, they do make them for the PC, Skystar2 is a cheap one, but you will only be able to receive a limited amount of channels. Is the dish a minidish or one of the older analogue type dishes?

it's def a analogue dish,what would be the best digital satellite receiver to get wud it be worth it?wud it work with an analogue dish??

p.s thanx for getin back i thought evryone wud just look at the question and think dumbass!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it's an analogue dish, then you need to check to see if it has a universal LNB on it, if it has, then something like the Skystar2 from Technisat at £52 would get you a few channels to tide you over, but if it is still on the old Sky satellite (Astra 19.2), then most of the channels will not be in English. :)