Recactivate card?

I cancelled my Sky subscription a few months and the card was downgraded to BBC etc only. However, the box has been turned off for several months and will not receive BBC any more.

What do I need to do to get it reactivated?

TIA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just leaving it on should reactivate all FTV channels after 48 hours or so, if not you may need to send for a BBC FTV card.

Going into the installers menu and selecting new installation may also achieve the same thing, but haven't tried it in these circumstances.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The cards rely on receiving a daily, weekly, or monthly update which is sent over the air, if they are left out of the unit, or it is switched off, the card will not update and will become inactive. I guess its a security device to stop people using blockers.

You can get a BBC card by ringing the BBC number given in the services number, you do need to be a UK resident and for your own protection a licence payer though :)