receive asian channel

danny chan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thinking to get satellite
My Location
dublin ireland
dublin new babe need help pls ! can anyone help recommend what receiver to buy to receive asian channel like hong kong,tvb taiwan channel and china as well , how big is the sattelite dish recommended

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There are several TVB channels transmitting off the Eurobird 9 satellite. Plus CCTV4 This is received in Ireland & the UK at high power so a 60cm dish will be plenty big enough.

The TVB channels are scrambled and will require a subscription card from Roots Global

danny chan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
dublin ireland
thank , i am thinking buy Fortec Star Innovation in maplin with motorised do you think this is good

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive never used one of them so cant really comment on that. They seem popular enough with the folk that use them though.

danny chan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
dublin ireland
Ive checked roots global but it doesnt seem to have any hong kong channel ie tvb _http://www.rootsglobal.com/tvlisting.html is this the right website if not what other? Could you recommend a satellite receiver that is affordable and can receive tvb?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
As a direct contracting installer for TVB, I can confirm EB9 reception off a Zone 2 dish or 60cm is fine for the 5 TVBS channels & CCTV4 on this satellite. Plenty receivers out there that will do the job. Just for your reference, TVBS supply Manhattan (PLAZA XT-M) receivers as standard and only a card required to receive the channels.

Of course 13e & 9e with a 4.3° monobloc will provide you wish many more programmes.

:)