receiver - Blind scan & 4-2-2 feeds

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5402 & 1m motorised dish
My Location
United Kingdom
Hello, Im new to this forum, and i need some help.

I need to buy a satellite receiver, this reciever needs to have blind scan and has to be able display 4:2:2 feeds.
ive been looking various forums and im not a pro, but ive read that the AZBox is able to display 4:2:2 feeds, but
doesn't have bilnd scan. like i said again , im not a pro, so if anyone could let me know which reciever can do both
of these things.

Thanks
ralf111

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Any linux receiver can display 4.2.2 by streaming it across your lan and watching the output on vlc player on your computer.

Have a look in the sports feeds section - there are loads of posts from me stating Ive done just that using my 7020

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5402 & 1m motorised dish
My Location
United Kingdom
Thank you for your response ,could you just tell me what would you buy today if you have a budget up to £300

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Id have another 7020 as it suits the way I use my receiver - (chasing down new channel launches and looking at a few news feeds) I bought a Vu+ Duo recently which has rave reviews from 95% of users.

Ahem - apart from me - I find the software on it terrible and no good for the way I want to use my receivers.

Its difficult to suggest a particular receiver for anyone, especially as you have specific requirements. You may have to compromise on the 4.2.2/blind scan, thats an unusual combination and few receivers do both.

(Neither of my receivers will suit your requirements - they dont do blind scan)