Receiver gone wonky?

GlennB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova Greece (Hotbird 8)
My Location
Greece
Hi - looking for some advice if poss. I'm not too techno-savvy and my manual isn't helping .

We receive the Nova package here in S Greece. This is broadcast from HOTBIRD 8 at 13°E

2 nights ago I switched off and all was fine. SInce yesterday morning the receiver will only display "Network Scan" on the TV and 'Scan' on its fron panel, with the following gumph:

Searching for signal

No. of bouquets 0
No. of orbital positions 0
No. of TV services 0
No. of radio services 0

11823 H 27500 3/4 3°W

the 13°E and the 3°W numbers seem to conflict, but I know zero about sat TV .

Checking the receiver config, a strong signal is being received and everything seems to be 'enabled'. In fact I slotted in a spare LNB before noticing this.

We've had no storms or weird electrical events.

The local guy who installed it is off sick for several days. This is no big deal as we're not avid TV watchers, but it might save us time and a callout fee if this is something trivial.

Any help much appreciated.

cheers, Glenn

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Why is it showing 3W instead of 13E ? Can you get into installation and set it for the right satellite ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
GlennB said:
Checking the receiver config, a strong signal is being received and everything seems to be 'enabled'. In fact I slotted in a spare LNB before noticing this.

cheers, Glenn

Not sure what you mean by the above Glenn, but as it is possibly the only thing which has changed, it may well be the cause of the problem.

GlennB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova Greece (Hotbird 8)
My Location
Greece
Both the original and new LNB's produce a strong signal (well, it's 65%), so I'm assuming the LNB is not the problem.

I delved deeper into setup and found my PIN doesn't work, nor any of my few regular PINs Groan.

Looks like the box has reset itself somehow. p.s. my bills are paid automatically by c/c ;)