MrHorner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 (1lnb) & 1m (dual lnb) dishes
ELAP digital / analogue receiver
looking for better receiver...
My Location
France
Advice on eqpt & where best to look please! (not sure whether this is best in the viaccess forum or here, so have plumped for here)

I moved to France recently and am wanting to pick up Eurosport / French channels that are encrypted with Viaccess I beleive (currently have access to Astra 2, Astra 1 & Hotbird through 2 dishes 3LNBs left by previous owner). This has fired my interest up in satellite.

Looking for advice on the receiver, & where best to look for a beginners guide & where I can get hold of viaccess card / numbers etc programming. Am out of range of TNT so need to have a satellite option.

I cannot find beginners guide to doing this - as per quite a lot on the web it takes a v long time trawling & assembling the info (which I will do if I have to, wanted to know if the resources already exist).

I assume I need to buy a viaccess card from somewhere & program it (need programmer?) and a Receiver with slots for this.

I am a seasoned computer programmer / electronics hobbyist, but completely new to satellite & would be grateful for help.

TIA

John

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

I have no experience with Viaccess cards but a Dreambox will open most of what is "open" and requires no cards just the latest keys. Lots more info in the Dreambox section and they'll make full use of your PC skills.

There may be other receivers that can do what you want and I'm sure someone will recommend one later.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Things have moved on since the slap a card in a programmer days, as mhku says, the main activity is with receiver software patches for conventional receivers or plugins on the new generation of Linux boxes.

There are some card solutions, but they tend to cost more and be unreliable.

Rayzar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus Digital Comacty DCIP pluse S
Digital Receiver with CI & Positioner pluse S
My Location
Kosovo
Hiya im new to this so im going to need more help then same off you who are more experience with satalite recievers ,
iv got and KOPERNIKUS Digital Comacty DCIP pluse S-Digital Receiver with CI & Positioner pluse S and wish to know on how do i unlock all the channels.