Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
What is an ATEME receiver ?

$1500 is a steal considering the new price is/was about $8000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandberg-TT1282-HD-Professional-Receiver-Decoder-/200826980319

ATEME’s line of professional Integrated Receiver Decoders is a set of cost-effective solutions for the distribution of video services. The new IRDs are designed for SD applications and offer an upgrade path to HD, allowing operators to leverage their existing SD infrastructures with a solution in place for HD migration. The series is fully compliant with DVB and ATSC standards. The IRD line offers today’s video professional a satellite or MPEGoIP inputs with a standard ASI input. The IRD provides high quality MPEG2 and H.264/MPEG-4 4:2:0 decoding of HD and SD video formats with composite or SDI outputs. DR8100 is available as an integrated version or a modular version featuring a wide number of optional boards to customize the DR8100. DR8100 is also proposed as a Dual channel decoder, allowing video-head-end operators to save footprint and CAPEX

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Actually, I posted that question nearly three years ago so you are a bit out of date Wiliam and also you are incorrect in stating "No".

Since then I have come across several receivers that will do the job such as the TT1290 or the RX1282 and some of the ATEME receivers.

Sure they are commercial receivers and not consumer level receivers but they do the job just fine and some of them are available on auctions sites at quite a reduction from the original value.

The only thing with these commercial receivers is that they are not so easy to use compared to a normal high street consumer level receiver but they are available and they do work

I was only trying to be helpful Moonbase,
The Professional Tandberg range of satellite receivers are somewhat limited & very expensive I have never considered them as they are not of much use for feed hunting & storing hundreds of channels as the main use of these receivers is single carrier uplinking with a very limited channel memory from what I have been told.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I was only trying to be helpful Moonbase,
The Professional Tandberg range of satellite receivers are somewhat limited & very expensive I have never considered them as they are not of much use for feed hunting & storing hundreds of channels as the main use of these receivers is single carrier uplinking with a very limited channel memory from what I have been told.

William,

When I started this topic nearly three years ago I made no mention of feed hunting or storing hundreds of channels, those points are an irrelevance to me in respect of this topic. As for being expensive, it depends on what the end user wishes to do with the receiver and if that use justifies the cost.

I agree with you on the point of limited channel storage, the two Tandbergs I have here at the moment both have the capacity to store 40 preset channels only. However, it is not an issue to input fresh channel signal parameters into the units as and when required.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
No, it is not bandwidth. I am using network cables, not wi-fi.
If bandwidth is too low, the result is different: the picture freezes and returns, freezes and returns and it continues like that.
Here, there is no freezing. It looks like at least half of the frames are missing. I get this problem even on 10 Mbit/s bitrates for 4:2:2 whereas I do not have any problem with 4:2:0 even if it is 20 Mbit/s.
I suspect some codec issues (Windows 7) or a setting in VLC.
I might try PotPlayer in the evening.
Unless you or someone else has another advice.
Robinson I can't remember the codec I'm using. Someone posted a link a little while ago and I downloaded it. Had some malware with it but codec worked fine.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Robinson I can't remember the codec I'm using. Someone posted a link a little while ago and I downloaded it. Had some malware with it but codec worked fine.

It wasn't the K-lite codec pack was it?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
I thought vlc had internal codecs and doesn't need external packs.