Receiving Astra 19.2E with standard Sky Digital Receiver

Wynne

Reaction score
I can only receive two multiplexes from 19.2E – transponder 32 and 68. I do not think the problem is signal strength (I have a 60cm dish and live in southern UK). I assume that there are additional parameters which I cannot set with my receiver (Panasonic TU-DSB20).

Can anybody shed any light on this?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Sky Digibox only has two Symbol Rates, 17,500 and 22,000, so if these other transponders have other than that you will not pull them in.

Also there is a limit of perhaps 50 channels which can be stored in the other channels memory area.

Wynne

Reaction score
I think you probably mean 22,000 and 27,500. Unfortunately there are lots of other transponders on 19e using these symbol rates so I don’t think this is the whole answer. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah sorry, yes, the speed of the mind confuses the hand. :)

Give an example of a transponder or transponders which are unattainable, but you think should be viewable and perhaps we might get some clues.

Wynne

Reaction score
OK - how about transponder 108 on Astra 1G (I can receive transponder 68 which is also on 1G). Transponder 108 is transmitted in the clear and is on frequency 12.551GHz, Vertical polarisation, 22000 symbol rate and FEC of 5/6 (all of which is selectable on the Panasonic receiver).
:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you certainly should be able to see that one, I'll check later on mine (can't now, watching a film) and see what happens. :)

G

GotMyBusPass

Hi Wynne

No problem here with that transponder, 80%+ strength & 90%+ quality, Technomate 5000DA and 85cm dish, east coast Nr Harwich.
Viva plus, Astra Mosaic, Bloomberg T, Chamber TV, RTL TELE Le, Astra Visio and QVC Germany

GMBP:)

Wynne

Reaction score
I hope to borrow a digital receiver (non Sky) next week just to confirm the problem is with the receiver not the dish.

Thanks for the responses.

TROTT

Reaction score
Have You Updated Stb On That Stream ,pull Power Out Whilst Holding Backup Button In On The Front Of Stb Replace Power Still Holding Backup Button In Untill Lights Apear Or If Useing Scart Con It Should Display Updateing Digy Box

Wynne

Reaction score
The non Sky receiver worked fine. Signal strength varied between 78 and 94%. I could receive all the channels I expected. When I reconnected my Panasonic Sky receiver it also could receive all the channels - the only thing I did was switch it off for a week (I had not switched it off when panning between Astra 2 and Astra 1). My friend's Grundig Sky receiver also picked up all the channels when connected to my dish.