Receiving Showtime

P

petert74

Regular Member
Messages
94
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Hi

Has Showtime been cracked???

I heard several rumours but cant find anything.

cheers for the help.

p:toke:
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
48,322
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its only available on gamma card or card sharing.
 
B

Burnham Beech

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,029
There were keys for Showtime up to about a year ago.

Nothing now or since.
 
P

petert74

Regular Member
Messages
94
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Many thanks for your reply.

Digi TV is on the verge of changing to Nag 3 as everyone knows.

Not living in the UK (Africa 12 km away) , and getting no uk signal in bad weather I rely on an "alternative" english language source.

Im not too sure what a gamma card is but I dont think i can get one.

I would be very grateful if any one could advise on a possible "new alternative" which is on the lines of Digi TV (if you know what I mean).

Obviously I would not dream of doing antything illegal and anything would be used for testing purposes.:)
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
48,322
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DigiTV is the last big provider open. To be honest your best option is subscription to something like Showtime- guarantees you service for 12 months :).
 
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Messages
5,995
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
petert74 said:
Not living in the UK (Africa 12 km away) , and getting no uk signal in bad weather I rely on an "alternative" english language source.
What exactly do you want to watch? You shouldn't have any trouble with English TV down there. 1.2 metre dish is plenty. As for Showtime, if it is football you want to watch don't forget that from the end of this season there's no premier league.
 
P

petert74

Regular Member
Messages
94
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Huevos said:
What exactly do you want to watch? You shouldn't have any trouble with English TV down there. 1.2 metre dish is plenty. As for Showtime, if it is football you want to watch don't forget that from the end of this season there's no premier league.
Many thanks for the advice.

We need the 1.3m as a min, when it rains we get nothing at all.

Im in cadiz province, they are switching off the analogue signal on the last day of the year, and the digital signal is weak and that also goes in rain!!!

I was just enquiring about an alternative.

Many thanks again
 
P

petert74

Regular Member
Messages
94
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Analoguesat said:
DigiTV is the last big provider open. To be honest your best option is subscription to something like Showtime- guarantees you service for 12 months :).
Is there anything else that open?? even if its smaller????
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
48,322
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres odd channels here and there, but thats it these days - you are 2 years too late for the glory days of free pay tv :D
 
C

caracash

Member
Messages
6
My Satellite Setup
Humax, motor, 80 cm dish
My Location
Hungary
petert74 said:
Many thanks for the advice.

We need the 1.3m as a min, when it rains we get nothing at all.

Im in cadiz province, they are switching off the analogue signal on the last day of the year, and the digital signal is weak and that also goes in rain!!!

I was just enquiring about an alternative.

Many thanks again
Before making any decision you might want to check the reception on the following FTA channels:

Intelsat 10-02 (1°W)
DigiTV Info 12608.00 H - 27500 3/4
U (Romania) 12643.00 H - 27500 3/4
DDTV 12643.00 H - 27500 3/4
 
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Messages
5,995
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
petert74 said:
We need the 1.3m as a min, when it rains we get nothing at all.
They call it a 1.3m but really it's a 1.2m. The reason they say 1.3m is they are measuring vertically which produces a meaningless figure as far as the dish aperture is concerned. A Gibertini 1.25m is a fraction bigger than the standard pleb setup that most installers do down there and is a decent dish. If you want some rainfade margin go for the 1.5m Gibertini.

And, if you want a bit extra to watch add a second LNB for 26ºE (Arabsat). On there you can watch Fox Movies, Fox Series, 6 MBC channels, plus various other channels all in English and free to air. There are also sports channels, 10 of which belong Al Jazeera and have commentary in English.
 
P

petert74

Regular Member
Messages
94
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Huevos said:
And, if you want a bit extra to watch add a second LNB for 26ºE (Arabsat). On there you can watch Fox Movies, Fox Series, 6 MBC channels, plus various other channels all in English and free to air. There are also sports channels, 10 of which belong Al Jazeera and have commentary in English.
Is it just a good as Nilesat??? which one is better:)
 
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Messages
5,995
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
petert74 said:
Is it just a good as Nilesat??? which one is better:)
Unless there is something specific you want to watch from Nilesat (for example Showtime) it is obviously better to receive MBC, etc from 26ºE because it is 2.5º over from 28.2ºE, not 35º. Nilesat and Astra 2 just wouldn't be practical on a single fixed dish.
 
P

petert74

Regular Member
Messages
94
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
Huevos said:
Nilesat and Astra 2 just wouldn't be practical on a single fixed dish.
Huevos, sorry you have lost me:confused

My dish at the front of the house is pointing 1W to get Digi TV so it will be just as easy to move it slightly to get 7w Nilesat, whoever what i was aksing is do you get more with Nilesat than the other channel??

Or are they the same????

I was under the impression that they transmitted wroughly the same channels.

Like most people im interesed in Films sport (football) etc.:)
 
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Messages
5,995
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Looks like we are chasing our tails here. Up to now you hadn't mentioned anything about a dish set up to receive 1ºW. So, going back through the thread, if you have a dish like the Gibertini 1.25m parked on Astra 2, 26ºE would be a good option for your Arab channels.

Showtime is only on Nilesat, but most of the worthwhile FTA channels are available from both positions. So whether you need Nilesat depends whether you want to shell out the 400 odd Euros on a subscription that doesn't have rights for the 2010/2011 season Premier League.

In my experience Nilesat needs a bigger dish. I can get 26ºE on a 60cm dish from here, Nilesat requires an 85cm one. Where you are may need a larger dish.
 
R

rdserv

Member
Messages
1
My Satellite Setup
2.4 chanel master tvro
My Location
scotland
Can I recieve showtime in Guilford England using a 2.4 antenna? if so what lnb do you recommend?
 
R

rdserv

Member
Messages
1
My Satellite Setup
2.4 chanel master tvro
My Location
scotland
Can I recieve showtime in Guilford England using a 2.4 antenna? if so what lnb do you recommend?
 
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Messages
5,995
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
rdserv said:
what lnb do you recommend?
One that is matched to the dish. If the dish is offset I'd use a Black Ultra.
 
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Messages
5,995
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
rdserv said:
what lnb do you recommend?
One that is matched to the dish. If the dish is offset I'd use a Black Ultra.
 
Top