Advice Needed Reception of Amos 2/3 4 West in SW Cornwall ?

Spiff

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5402HD M3 C1+ Super+
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators
Precision 1.3m Prime Focus Dish & mount.
InvertoTwin Black Pro C120

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Precision 1.5m Prime Focus Dish & mount
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

Seven Computers : )
Two Davis Vantage Pro Weather stations
One Waldbeck Weather Station
My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
Good evening gentlemen.

Amos 2/3 4 West.

I am receiving round 31 sats from 45 West to 46 East, all at high numbers in quality, but nothing from the above sat.

All is set up correctly.

Location SW Cornwall 1.3 prime focus Precision Antenna dish.

Looking at the coverage it suggests a 1.3 dish ?

God Bless Spiff.
 
I am much farther north.I get 10934 H at 58%.
TBS 6983 100cm Dish.
4 West.webp
 

Attachments

  • West 2.webp
    West 2.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
10934 H 10.5db signal 82% quality.

Using a 1.5 dish, in Somerset.
Good evening thank you very much for that, got it now.

10.934 looks to be the only one I can receive 56 quality

All $ channels.

Is your 1.5 a off set or prime focus ?

I will try driving the other jack to move the dish up and down a little.

Eutel 5 West A 5 West on France o is 94 normaly but 92 at the moment.

The other side Intel-10-02 1 West CCTV News is 95

Spiff
 
The AMOS birds at 4W have traditionally been very poor across much of the UK. The way the beams are set the south east is most favourable location.

Keep trying at different times of day as reception does vary - when the skies are clear of cloud & rain for the best chances.
 
Thank you, it is a very wet evening here, the little unbrella is up on my weather station : )

Eutel 7 @ 7.3 West varies from 52 to 72 depending on the weather, 67 this evening.

Kind Regards Spiff
 
Good evening thank you very much for that, got it now.

10.934 looks to be the only one I can receive 56 quality

All $ channels.

Is your 1.5 a off set or prime focus ?

I will try driving the other jack to move the dish up and down a little.

Eutel 5 West A 5 West on France o is 94 normaly but 92 at the moment.

The other side Intel-10-02 1 West CCTV News is 95

Spiff


My dish is a 1.5 gibertini on polar mount, (offset dish)
 
You have the edge over a 1.3 prime focus.

I feel in love with her looks : )
 
You are doing well to get any signal at all in Cornwall as the footprint on Amos-2 & 3 mainly covers central Europe,

This is what I get with my 100cm set up:-

DSCN1685[1].webp
DSCN1686[1].webp

We used to get a lot more transponders than this but when they launched Amos-3 these signals vanished :eek:

Amos 6 had a better footprint for the UK but sadly never made it into orbit :(
FlySat Amos 6 @ 4° West Beams

Israeli communications satellites. are trying to source the hire of another satellite for 4 west but no success so far.
 
Last edited:
A bit of farting about with the longtitude setting in DVBDream.I am getting a stable picture on.
112 UkraineHD .A scan now would probably get more transponders.A job for tomorrow though, well past my bed time.:D
10806 H 29996.
TBS 6983 100cm Dish.
4 West 4.webp
 
A bit of farting about with the longtitude setting in DVBDream.I am getting a stable picture on.
112 UkraineHD .A scan now would probably get more transponders.A job for tomorrow though, well past my bed time.:D
10806 H 29996.
TBS 6983 100cm Dish.
View attachment 100287
No wonder your ready for bed, bet you've been watching this on that transponder :D
Captureddd.webp
 
No wonder your ready for bed, bet you've been watching this on that transponder :D
View attachment 100288

Dam missed that.:)
Edit nothing on that transponder this morning.I wouldn't be surprised if the dish has moved.It is blowing a gale here.Some more fiddling with the longtitude may be required.:)
 
Last edited:
Amos 4W, specifically Amos 3, is a big PITA to receive in the UK. Trying to receive 11222H and 11258H here in Somerset is tricky even on a 1.8m - both right on the digital cliff. Most Amos 2 TPs are much stronger the signal drop-off towards the west is rather noticeable.
 
Only getting one transponder this morning.
10920H 7499 72%.
TBS6983 100cm Dish.
4W 6.webp
 
I know in the past at this location, I have got it with my 1.25 gibertini.

it's was marginal on the 1.25z
OK on 10.934H yesterday evening, nothing all day today back up again this evening also 10.805H just : )

Regarfs Spiff
 
So are the Ukrainian transponders the strongest at 4°W in the UK then?

Are the Hungarian beam ones with the T-Home package much weaker?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top