Reception of Badr4 (26E)

The new parameters for 12149 H 27500 5/6 DVB-S2 HD MPEG-4 on 26 east are completely swamped out by Astra 2F 12148 H 27500 5/6 DVB-S MPEG-2 in my location since the fec was changed.
 
I guess having a larger dish eliminates bleed from satellites 2 degrees away whereas it would be a problem for smaller ones.
 
11432/27500/H active for a few days TRP 1 (encrypted) KOS has it listed as feeds/data badr 5 pan arab beam ?

Getting 4.7dB on my 100cm set up on this one.
 
11432 H , really ? not sure it is a BADR5 frequency range
I have a problem with my setup I think ...
11432.webp
 
Re-scan brings it in @ 11426 H 27500 DVB-S here on the F3/5
 
Nothing here in the northwest on -
11426 H 27500
12149 H 27500 under lock this morning at 8.7 db ( despite better weather than last night)
11919 H 27500 - 11.0 db same as last night

on 1.2 channel master into F15
 
Stronger signal @ 28.2 east the give away was Freesat info in the radio list :)

Bleed over on 26 east from Astra 2E @ 28.5 east FlySat Astra 2E/2F/2G @ 28.2° East

Conax encrypted service =TRP 1

DSCN1534[1].webp DSCN1535[1].webp
 
Yup TRP1 is on the 28E Freesat home tp 11428H. Its been there a couple of weeks.
 
Even with the lousy weather. Drizzle etc. Badr 4 seems to be coming stronger than ever with the exception of 12149H. Moved the dish further west but just not quite enough for a lock of 12149H ...
 
Even with the lousy weather. Drizzle etc. Badr 4 seems to be coming stronger than ever with the exception of 12149H. Moved the dish further west but just not quite enough for a lock of 12149H ...

Hi ---
I suspect 12149H 27500 is slightly time of day dependent as i,m locking this one again now ... just frozen image pic at the moment .... but it was running with only very marginal freezes last night here in n.w. uk last night in dreadful weather - on 1.2 c.m.
 
Hi Guys after seeing this website the 1st time yesterday.
I grab my mate who replaced the LNB to Smart 0.1LNB on a Channel master 1.2
Now getting Locks on:-
Most Freq, but still unable to get a lock on 12149H - I have seen it lock intermittently at 15%, but unable to tune. I also tried a Channel Master Feedhord, but no luck.

Singnals on:-
MBC bouquetts = 64% at 11.34db, before the tweak and LNB change it was 51% 8.2db. A good gain, but not good enough to get any pics on 12149H :(
 
Hi Guys after seeing this website the 1st time yesterday.
I grab my mate who replaced the LNB to Smart 0.1LNB on a Channel master 1.2
Now getting Locks on:-
Most Freq, but still unable to get a lock on 12149H - I have seen it lock intermittently at 15%, but unable to tune. I also tried a Channel Master Feedhord, but no luck.

Singnals on:-
MBC bouquetts = 64% at 11.34db, before the tweak and LNB change it was 51% 8.2db. A good gain, but not good enough to get any pics on 12149H :(

Hello try at different times later at night without cloud noise levels drop and more chance of lock same with 7W :)
 
The 12149H signal certainly seems to get a little stronger in the afternoon/evening here for me, .... but it is still borderline with 1.2 channel master and any receiver ....
a bigger dish is required for this transponder to be honest:(

i tried tonight with a different receiver (M3 Skybox ) and i,m locking and viewing with occasional freezes ... the Dr HD F15 receiver ( more sensitive tuner ) is ok and is not freezing at all ... but the sky is clear here tonight.

My L.N.B is a home made hybrid .... A smart Titanium twin cut and grafted onto a channel master feed horn ....

M3.webp cm  1.webp
 
12149 H 27500 5/6 8PSK requires 9.35 dB, making it tougher than the others of Badr-4.
I have just over 1 dB margin on this one. Indeed I think more than 1.2 m will be needed in UK for decent lock.
26.0E-RFScan.webp
 
Just had a look at the SES Centre Of Box predictions - the potentially interfering Astra 2F is currently the most westerly of the 28E birds - wandering around 28.1E to 28.2E
 
Back
Top