Reception of Sky Sports Multiscreen

ax197

Hi to everyone,

I live outside the UK and I cannot receive any of the Astra 2D signals. I am aware that during Champions League days Sky activates the Multiscreen option, which allows the selection of a different game to the one showing on ITV/Sky sports.

However as the selection screen is transmitted through a 2D transponder reception is impossible.

Nonetheless I was told that the games themselves are transmitted through Astra 2A transponders !

If the above is correct does any friend know how I can by-pass the selection screen and watch the games ?

Many thanks/ Have a good day

Alex

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Please ask your friend where he found out they are transmitted through 2A. Is it hearsay, or does he have something 'concrete'. I doubt this information is correct.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sky Sports extra services are transmitted on Astra 2D tp 56:

hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

Analoguesat said:
Sky Sports extra services are transmitted on Astra 2D tp 56:

hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html
Hello. Im living in Canada and can not pick up Astra. I can pick up intelsat #5. am i able to view Sky from here? I have a Fortec Ultra fta receiver? thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
kencha said:
Hello. Im living in Canada and can not pick up Astra. I can pick up intelsat #5. am i able to view Sky from here? I have a Fortec Ultra fta receiver? thanks
No chance. You are thousands of miles outside the intended reception area. Chances are the satellites will actually be below your eastern horizon! :D