Record to PC on DM800

degsod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD Box, Windows 7 Dual core processor 2Gb RAM 2Tb hard disk
My Location
Wigan
Another weird problem that I have got, I have created a mountpoint /hdd and it verifies ok. When I go to the media player it can see that there is movies in there and play them.

When I press instant record an error comes up saying no HDD or HDD not initialised.

However If I use live pause it pauses and records ok.

Recording from a timer errors as well.

Its the dreamelite Blackhole v1.33

World-of-Satellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4K
GiGaBlue UHD Qaud 4K
GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K
VU+ Zero 4K
My Location
UK
From memory, check the recording paths in the setup. Menu > Settings > Recording paths or something along those lines.

degsod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wigan
World-of-Satellite said:
From memory, check the recording paths in the setup. Menu > Settings > Recording paths or something along those lines.

I have been looking for those settings for days but can not find them. They where on the Peter Pan image, but I can not find them in this one (Dream Elite Blackhole 1.33)

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
You can also just "umount /media/hdd" from a telnet session on the dreambox (if you dont have a hard disk installed) and then
Make sure you have a share on your PC for the directory you want to share (VERY IMPORTANT)
then
mount -t cifs -ouser=PCUSER,password=PCPWD //<PC IP>/<sharename> /media/hdd
where PCUSER is a user set up on the PC, PCPWD is the password for that user, <sharename> is the name of the share on the PC and <PC IP> is the IP address of the PC, e.g.
mount -tcifs -ouser=myuser,password=mypwd //192.168.1.2/dreamboxmovie /media/hdd
Note that the "dreamboxmovie" shared directory on the PC has to have a "movie" directory under it. (might be "movies" not sure right now).

If you have a hard disk installed then you can mount the share on /media/hdd/movie directly. This will make the movies on the hard disk unavailable until the umount is issued (it will automatically pick up the existing movies again.

That's it.

degsod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wigan
Great sorted it, thanks for the clue shunifan50, all I had to do was create a directory called movie imy existing PC share