Recording Several Channels from Same Transponder

A

Archive7

The Octagon SF4008 does support CI+ cam with the HD Freaks image. I use it for her indoors to watch Fransat with a CI+ module and Fransat card.
Did you get a user manual inside the box and does it mention support for CI+?

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
Good afternoon

I would like your help, I am based in U.K. And I am French, I bought a Fransat box with card. The box is not good because you need external memory for record.

I bought a old vu+ duo box, and i want to put my card in for have a better recording system.

After 1 week of advice from people , I mange to settle my box on satellite 5w from Fransat, but I only have few Chanel I can watch like Vosge TV, I can't access to TF1 or France 2, ect. When I put my card in, nothing

I would like if someone can let me know what I need to do for have my vu+ and fransat card connect together

I am new on this system, I will need a lot of detail, other where I can send my box for be settle properly because I don't mind to pay for this service

Regards

A

Archive7

I would like your help, I am based in U.K. And I am French, I bought a Fransat box with card. The box is not good because you need external memory for record.
Most receivers require an external memory (flash stick like Sandisk or HDD with or without external adapter).
If you need an internal memory then the cost of the receiver can be more expensive and you have limited size.
If I misunderstood what you mean, then please correct me.
Using VU+ with a TNT card can be quite complicated but if you have the patience and knowledge you will get there in the end.
Good luck and welcome to our forum

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
Thank you for your reply

I have a external memory ( Sandisk ) but the quality of recording is not good

It is for that I would like to put my Fransat HD card in my Duo+ box for have a better box but I am new in this system and I would like to find someone who can help me to settle this system

Regards

A

Archive7

I have a external memory ( Sandisk ) but the quality of recording is not good
A flash memory is not the best option to use. I know from my experience.

Try using an external HDD with a power adapter and if you still find the recordings not good enough, then move to VU+ option.

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
Thank for your reply, I am new on that, have you got any recommendations for a good external HDD with power adapter. Maybe one I can have on amazon . Because I don't want to order something who don't work.

About the vu+ box, how difficult to connect them to Fransat ?

If your first recommendation work, I will sell again my vu+ duo box

Thank you for your help

A

Archive7

Thank for your reply, I am new on that, have you got any recommendations for a good external HDD with power adapter. Maybe one I can have on amazon . Because I don't want to order something who don't work.
I have used Western Digital My Book with many sizes and I have excellent recordings.
They have USB 3.0 support.
I usually order from Amazon Germany but you can try Amazon UK if it is more convenient for you or even Amazon France.
There might be slight differences in price so check on all websites and see what is best for you.
My Book Desktop 4 TB schwarz: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör
But you can order smaller size than 4TB but I am always short of storage.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
About the vu+ box, how difficult to connect them to Fransat ?

Bonjour, avec beaucoup de connaissances sur enigma (vu+ et similaires) certains disent qu'ils ont reussi.
(some with lots of experience in enigma etc have managed).

But would definitely not recommend it if you are new to enigma\vu+ etc.

About the Fransat box, maybe just get a 2.5 " hd external, the box will (should :O) power it without external power, check the user manual.
Am using a simple Philips box for TNTsat (astra 19) here, and it works fine with a 1TB 2.5" external, power from the box \ usb cable.

Last edited:
A

Archive7

If your first recommendation work, I will sell again my vu+ duo box
Hang on to your VU+ box. It will give a lot of pleasure learning about images and plugins.
And the most important feature for me is that I can move any recording to my PC for further manipulation.
I bet you can't do this with your Fransat box because most probably it encrypts the recordings which means if your box dies, then your recordings die with it. (unless you buy a similar box in the future, maybe)

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
Hi all

Thank for your help

Because I am not good enough on this system, I will try a better external HDD.

I find that on amazon uk, someone can say if it will be good

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Ex...05147098&sr=1-1&keywords=external+hard+drives

HB13

I have 3 vu+ duo because I used them few year ago when I was living in Spain for have multiple room because Sky UK cut my multiple room but the box was all settle from the seller and I never understand the way the was working
I will try to sell them for pay my external HDD

A

Archive7

HB13

I have 3 vu+ duo because I used them few year ago when I was living in Spain for have multiple room because Sky UK cut my multiple room but the box was all settle from the seller and I never understand the way the was working
I will try to sell them for pay my external HDD
We have a classified section you can try selling them there. Read the rules first.
Private Classified Adverts - No Traders

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
HB13

Can you look the external HDD i find on amazon uk and let me know if that will be good

Of course I will try to sell here my 3 box

Regards

A

Archive7

HB13

Can you look the external HDD i find on amazon uk and let me know if that will be good

Of course I will try to sell here my 3 box

Regards
I can't give an opinion on a product that I haven't used. Sorry
Seagate isn't on my favorite list

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
HB13

Thank for your reply, I will order this one with 4TB , it had everything I need ?

Sorry but I do no nothing about that and prefer ask references

Regards

A

Archive7

I used only 1TB but if you want 4TB check if your box can support this size first.
You can always return the product to Amazon I think they give two weeks window to return an item if a customer is not satisfied.
BTW Maxtor is now part of Seagate.
Good luck.

Nozahic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + , fransat
My Location
UK
Ok I will check what is it my size at the moment

Thank for all your help

Regards

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Did you get a user manual inside the box and does it mention support for CI+?
No manual as such and found out about CI+ from a web search.