recording...

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
while recording a channel i should be able to watch another channel on the same transponder, rigth?

...but anytime i try and change to another channel on same transponder i got the message that doing so will end the recording in progress...

anyone also notice this? i use hydra angharad.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:
while recording a channel i should be able to watch another channel on the same transponder, rigth?

...but anytime i try and change to another channel on same transponder i got the message that doing so will end the recording in progress...

I certainly get that message if I leave the DB open for when the recording starts. Try (I will also) putting DB into standby with the timer set and then start again.

Another thing I think I noticed but I may have confused myself once, go into file mode and look at the play list.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:

Another thing you can try is to go to the channel you want to watch during the recording, get up the banner EPG and toggle to the prog you want to record and set the timer on that.
Otherwise, the English manual, p47 says just use the navigation buttons to see the channels that are available while recording, and choose. But that's what you and I find gives the warning. Have you tried changing channels anyway? It may just be a false warning, like the 'can't decode this channel' you get before it is decoded.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
go into setup - common interface and check "handle two services"