Advice Needed Reed Switch Replacement

S

Satalitics

My Satellite Setup
6ft pf dish
My Location
Kenya
Hello

Newbie here... Accidentally fried the reed switch on my superjack during installation.

What would be the best replacement for the reed switch. Read some threads about it but they're 8-12yrs old.

Here's a pic of the fried switch
IMG_20180805_105821.jpg

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving 1.8 C.M. offset + Inverto Black Ultra twin + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 and Skybox/Openbox M3 - HD receivers.+ other dishes in use - 2.4 CM offset - Alcoa 1.8 P.F. - C.M. 120.
My Location
north west yorkshire
Hi -
I,v struggled a bit to find these in the past ... a search of e-bay (satellite actuator reed switch) brought up an Australian supplier ... cheap but a bit costly on the postage ... I know satellite superstore up in the N.E. uk have them - 3 types listed on their website .. but at a price ... might work out more than the Australian one :eek:...
regards ..

S

Satalitics

My Satellite Setup
6ft pf dish
My Location
Kenya
Hi -
I,v struggled a bit to find these in the past ... a search of e-bay (satellite actuator reed switch) brought up an Australian supplier ... cheap but a bit costly on the postage ... I know satellite superstore up in the N.E. uk have them - 3 types listed on their website .. but at a price ... might work out more than the Australian one :eek:...
regards ..
Can the ones used on Windows/Door security sensors work?

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving 1.8 C.M. offset + Inverto Black Ultra twin + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 and Skybox/Openbox M3 - HD receivers.+ other dishes in use - 2.4 CM offset - Alcoa 1.8 P.F. - C.M. 120.
My Location
north west yorkshire
Hi-
I,v never tried one ... but in theory i think it should do ... the problem is they are quite large and it may be difficult to get it positioned near enough to the Magnet wheel for it to work properly ?

S

Satalitics

My Satellite Setup
6ft pf dish
My Location
Kenya
Hi-
I,v never tried one ... but in theory i think it should do ... the problem is they are quite large and it may be difficult to get it positioned near enough to the Magnet wheel for it to work properly ?
Found these which are almost Same size as the one in the picture

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north west yorkshire
If you are sure the size is right ? - then yes .... should do the job o.k. :)

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Friend of mine gave to me several elements of security system (new, in original packages). I broke plastic boxes and removed the reed switches. So, if somebody needs couple of them he can have them for price of shipping. PM if interested.

Attachments